Damned I'm alright Jack & the Beanstalk album

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Damned I'm alright Jack & the Beanstalk album

Post by pigeon »

I didn't know of it's existence until 2015. So i bought it on CD. It's not the best Damned album in the world, as mentioned "testify" and "I need a life" are about the best two song's on the album!.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

What's Captain Sensible solo stuff like?
sewer rat
Rats Rally

Post by sewer rat »

sensibles solo stuff is kak. the I'm alright album wasn't meant to be a damned album...it was meant to be released in japan only and the proceeds were to go towards financing a damned album. DV said if the album goes out under The Damned name then he wanted his vocals removed...rat went ahead and released it anyway and him and DV have never spoken since. it's a bit weird as The Damned toured the album....go figure.
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

sewer rat wrote: 28 Feb 2018, 14:56 sensibles solo stuff is kak. the I'm alright album wasn't meant to be a damned album...it was meant to be released in japan only and the proceeds were to go towards financing a damned album. DV said if the album goes out under The Damned name then he wanted his vocals removed...rat went ahead and released it anyway and him and DV have never spoken since. it's a bit weird as The Damned toured the album....go figure.
Tour was before album release though.

I like Sensibles solo stuff, Revolution Now is my favourite of his solo LPs. Earlier stuff is obviously quite poppy but there are some gems in there. I'd recommend trying a few tracks and see how you get on: Secrets, Kamikaze Millionaire, Brenda, Street of Shame, Power of Love, There Are More Snakes Than Ladders, Exploding Heads and Teapots... and if you like cheesy pop songs as I do then check out Come On Down too.

all good stuff.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

sewer rat wrote: 28 Feb 2018, 14:56 sensibles solo stuff is kak. the I'm alright album wasn't meant to be a damned album...it was meant to be released in japan only and the proceeds were to go towards financing a damned album. DV said if the album goes out under The Damned name then he wanted his vocals removed...rat went ahead and released it anyway and him and DV have never spoken since. it's a bit weird as The Damned toured the album....go figure.
Tour was before album release though.

I like Sensibles solo stuff, Revolution Now is my favourite of his solo LPs. Earlier stuff is obviously quite poppy but there are some gems in there. I'd recommend trying a few tracks and see how you get on: Secrets, Kamikaze Millionaire, Brenda, Street of Shame, Power of Love, There Are More Snakes Than Ladders, Exploding Heads and Teapots... and if you like cheesy pop songs as I do then check out Come On Down too.

all good stuff.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Also the bulk of Meathead is jolly good pop

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

I won't go near anything after Phantasmagoria.