Liam Gallagher

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Liam Gallagher

Post by jason »

Anyone heard his new song. Nice to see he's gone in a totally new direction from Oasis! :lol:
zamaguire
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Liam Gallagher

Post by zamaguire »

His singing was crap on radio 2 yesderday
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

He was on Graham Norton last night singing and being interviewed and it was a bit cringey to be honest at times.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

They did try to come across many years ago as hard cases and outspoken etc - but they come nowhere near John Lydon for controversy and outspokenness - thing is Lydon can back his arguments up , seems sometimes Oasis were contrary just for the sake of it .
I do find Manchester people seem to be very whingey and whiney in a lot of cases , maybe just the accent ..........mind you I'm a brummie :shock: - no longer there , BUT ........pot & kettle :grin:
All quiet ..........
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

He can be quite witty at times but agree with above comment, it was a bit cringeworthy on GN show.

Seen Oasis before they were big at newcastle Riverside I think it was they weren't bad actually and then seen them on the final tour at Sunderland Football ground. One of the best gigs I've seen tbh, good stage presence and performance.

Anyone remember when they phoned JJ's house up whilst he was away on tour and gave his Mrs a load of grief?
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

always thought he was a knob but he seems to have grown up a bit and his press team have done a great job of putting him in a more friendly light.

I heard Noel's new single on Radio 6 today. The one he's made with David Arnold. Very 70's glam. Actually very good!!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

I have heard the single "For what its worth" it's woefull. I don't think i will bother with the album, i can't imagine how bad it must be. Noel does slighty better, i actually bought "High flying birds" the first album, but thats only beause it was from sifters records in Burnage, i went to visit there in 2013 when i went to see Hugh Cornwell in Sale. CDs are as cheap there £2.99 per album, bet they get loads of visiters because they are on the "Shakermaker" song. And the newsagents Noel robbed as a kid, is right next to it. It's just like any other town in England really.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

He has a very average strained voice,he has nothing of interest to say.But having said that compared to most stuff now he isn't that bad,has quite a

tight little band.His brother annoys me even more a total twat IMHO.