"Tom Petty" RIP.

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

"Tom Petty" RIP.

Post by Greatkudu »

Very sad news about the death of Tom Petty,was never a great fan but he was very talented and wrote some great songs.
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Re: "Tom Petty" RIP.

Post by MiB81 »

Sad news.
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
dead ringer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dead ringer »

Indeed! When all these great icons of music have gone who's gonna replace them that's what i'm thinking?
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

dead ringer wrote: 03 Oct 2017, 22:39 Indeed! When all these great icons of music have gone who's gonna replace them that's what i'm thinking?
To be fair - a lot of these 'great icons of music' weren't really held in that high esteem by many until they die. There has always been the trivial pop stars probably more famous and 'celebrated' more highly whilst these 'icons' played on. Personally I wouldn't have deemed Tom Petty an 'icon' but I can see he is/was highly regarded and has a fine catalogue of work behind him.
"Everybody Loves You When You're Dead"
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Re: RE: Re: "Tom Petty" RIP.

Post by gjinblack »

MULLY wrote:
dead ringer wrote: 03 Oct 2017, 22:39 Indeed! When all these great icons of music have gone who's gonna replace them that's what i'm thinking?
To be fair - a lot of these 'great icons of music' weren't really held in that high esteem by many until they die. There has always been the trivial pop stars probably more famous and 'celebrated' more highly whilst these 'icons' played on. Personally I wouldn't have deemed Tom Petty an 'icon' but I can see he is/was highly regarded and has a fine catalogue of work behind him.
"Everybody Loves You When You're Dead"
Agree with that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

euromanc-ometh