"Blondie" someone needs to say retire?

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Re: "Blondie" someone needs to say retire?

Post by MiB81 »

jonimac wrote: 25 Sep 2017, 08:43 She was certainly an icon back in the day. Stunning looks , great vocals and highly underrated lyrics too. However, I was really put off her when I saw the video of them being inducted into the Rock'n'roll hall of fame in 2006. She absolutely refused to have original members Nigel Harrison & Frank Infante on stage to perform, even though they helped create all the music that brought them success.
It was embarrassing, particularly watching Infante pleading with her.
On the bright side, there's a great documentary about the creation of Parallel Lines kicking around (was on Iplayer recently)
Thanks, just watched that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_bY7t06haY

My sympathy's are with the "original" band, what did the latest incarnation
of the band (session guys, mostly?) have to lose by letting the old guys play
one song on their induction night? :smt102
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

dead ringer wrote: 01 Oct 2017, 17:00 JJ said in an interview not long ago that he dislikes Clem Burke and that Clem kept out of his way when both bands played together! Anyone know the reasons for this? Cheers
“Well, we never knew them that well, but bumped into each other now and again. Clem (Burke, Blondie’s drummer) was always trying to avoid me as he knew I was going to ‘bitch-slap’ him. He knew what I thought of him.

“In fact, Debbie actually said to Baz (Warne, The Stranglers vocalist) in the bar at our hotel, “I think JJ’s having a go at my drummer!”

You may like this,taken from JJ interview in 2014,who knows why JJ dislikes Clem Burke? Don't think he likes Chris Stein either.
BikerinBlack
Rats Rally

Post by BikerinBlack »

dead ringer wrote: 01 Oct 2017, 17:00 JJ said in an interview not long ago that he dislikes Clem Burke and that Clem kept out of his way when both bands played together! Anyone know the reasons for this? Cheers
I would guess the main reason is that he plays drums for Hugh on his American dates .
dead ringer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dead ringer »

BikerinBlack wrote: 03 Oct 2017, 16:31
I would guess the main reason is that he plays drums for Hugh on his American dates .
Fairly pathetic if true!