Glastonbury

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

manticore
Ugly
Ugly

Glastonbury

Post by manticore »

I was flicking through the BBC coverage on iPlayer,and what a load of shit.complete waste of licence payers money being used to film it.can anyone tell me what's so great about the boring bland crap that ed sheerin comes out with,cos I can't see it? A bloody joke that he is headlining a festival with that mind numbing drivel.
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Glastonbury

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

I've got to admit that I loved 3/4 of it. Radiohead, Barry Gibb, millions of bands I've never heard of but just left on because it sounded good. Not much fan of the Foo Fighters after their first album or Ed Sheeran, but that's what Glastonbury is all about, the diversity of our great country to produce music that is the best in the world :grin: :grin: :grin:
zamaguire
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by zamaguire »

It was shit.
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

Enjoyed Liam Gallagher, done well to get a saturday teatime slot on a main stage i thought. Also enjoyed The XX,Chic and seen a couple of rappers. Emily SAnde was terrible, out of key most of the time and dressed like a clip. Ed Sheeran ... overrated, although i do like a few of his songs.

Will have a catch-up on iPlayer.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

Homer wrote: 26 Jun 2017, 20:02Emily SAnde was terrible, out of key most of the time
I caught some of the Katy Perry set and though the same, she seemed to be singing flat for more of it. But what do I know?
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

I stil have yet to see Radioheads set. I heard they were amazing from my friend who watched it on tv and a perfect setlist. Hate the idiiots who think they were "derge" and didnt know any of the new songs. Then why bother going. Radiohead are the greatest band to come out of the UK for the last 25 years!, YES their first 3 albums are great or 2 and a half albums to the idiots that knock "Pablo honey," but they just don't understand the latest albums, it seems that no real Radiohead fans were there just hipsters!. Why is it when an event like this happens you have genuinue Radiohead fans like myself that listen to them all year round and casual people or the fact that there on national televsion that they get noticed by the general public, and talked after the event by work colleagues etc and when i try and tell them about them, there not interested because they don't have the attention span to learn, or they just want to take what they saw on the TV.

Its like i dont particualry like the foo fighters but at least i know enough of their material not just the singles, and their latest stuff to say why i dont like them!. I wouldnt say they are rubbish unless i dont know what i am taliking about!. But people do when it comes to Radiohead. Yes its been a hard weekend defending 1 James Hetfields of Metallica hunting another fake story that came up online in a photo that had him with a dead Kodaic bear on the floor and it wasnt James Hetfield. He hunts yes but not Kodiac Bears!!!!. and now Radiohead.
airflamesred
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by airflamesred »

Very astute summary of Radiohead there Pigeon.

Musically speaking, they are way ahead of anyone in rock/pop, and I'm including Showaddywaddy there.

Was the bear using poor old James as a publicity stunt then?
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

pigeon wrote: 27 Jun 2017, 11:24 I stil have yet to see Radioheads set. I heard they were amazing from my friend who watched it on tv and a perfect setlist. Hate the idiiots who think they were "derge" and didnt know any of the new songs. Then why bother going. Radiohead are the greatest band to come out of the UK for the last 25 years!, YES their first 3 albums are great or 2 and a half albums to the idiots that knock "Pablo honey," but they just don't understand the latest albums, it seems that no real Radiohead fans were there just hipsters!. Why is it when an event like this happens you have genuinue Radiohead fans like myself that listen to them all year round and casual people or the fact that there on national televsion that they get noticed by the general public, and talked after the event by work colleagues etc and when i try and tell them about them, there not interested because they don't have the attention span to learn, or they just want to take what they saw on the TV.

Its like i dont particualry like the foo fighters but at least i know enough of their material not just the singles, and their latest stuff to say why i dont like them!. I wouldnt say they are rubbish unless i dont know what i am taliking about!. But people do when it comes to Radiohead. Yes its been a hard weekend defending 1 James Hetfields of Metallica hunting another fake story that came up online in a photo that had him with a dead Kodaic bear on the floor and it wasnt James Hetfield. He hunts yes but not Kodiac Bears!!!!. and now Radiohead.
Did you enjoy Lars during Royal Blood's set?
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I only watched BSP and Pretenders on Iplayer nothing else really interested me. Chic is probably worth a punt

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I didnt see much that really grabbed me on the TV. Might have to check out the I player though. Some bands seem to get a lot of invites though don't they. Like the Kaiser Chiefs. It's poor the Stranglers have only played once though isn't it for all their history.
teshka
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by teshka »

I watched a few things on the Iplayer. Love live music so a lot appealed to me including The Foo Fighters, The Pretenders, Barry Gibb, EdSheeran, Chic, Katy Perry, The Kaiser Chiefs. They all did what they do well I thought.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

airflamesred wrote: 27 Jun 2017, 21:19 Very astute summary of Radiohead there Pigeon.

Musically speaking, they are way ahead of anyone in rock/pop, and I'm including Showaddywaddy there.

Was the bear using poor old James as a publicity stunt then?
Yes, he narrated a programe on hunting, because he use to be a hunter. But never bears apart from one time in 2003 he hunted Russian bears. Then he went into Rehab. He partically hunted, Rabbits at first, then he moved onto Ducks, then he moved onto Pigs, then he moved onto Goats, then he moved onto Red Stags. He left the babies alone though and animals like Dears, and does were obviously off limits. He skinned the Stags for the meat so he could feed hes family. I beleived he has moved onto Elk now as he lives on a ranch in Colardo. i tried to explain this to a couple of vegitarians on facebook, but after a couple of days i felt i was baning my head against a brick wall. All they said was "His a murderer" when i gave them posts from my official fan club articles on hetfields hunting. The offical facts offended them even more though!.