The Monochrome Set - Lexington...

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

The Monochrome Set - Lexington...

Post by elvisintheclouds »

Excellent Review courtesy of PiL... 8) 8) 8)
http://eitc.elvisintheclouds.co.uk/eitc ... hrome-set/
Thank you very much
EiTC
Turkey Troter
Rats Rally

Re: The Monochrome Set - Lexington...

Post by Turkey Troter »

Very good Paul. So what did happen to Hammer?
Can't you see can't you see that you're rocking the boat?
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

Superb review, smashing evening, thanks 8)

Didn't all those shouts of "Hammer" scare everyone away?
No one can win against kipple.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Hammer :?:

A particular pleasure and honour to have been asked by the Editor and Commander in Chief of EiTc Galaxy Media GmbH to file this report. 8)
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Thank you very much indeed Sir, pleasure and honour is mine!

Now updated to include Streatham Mick! 8)
Thank you very much
EiTC
Turkey Troter
Rats Rally

Post by Turkey Troter »

elvisintheclouds wrote: 11 Apr 2017, 21:08 Thank you very much indeed Sir, pleasure and honour is mine!

Yes Pidge, he does follow Fulham.
Can't you see can't you see that you're rocking the boat?
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

:lol: makes perfect sense 8)
Turkey Troter wrote: 12 Apr 2017, 11:30
elvisintheclouds wrote: 11 Apr 2017, 21:08 Thank you very much indeed Sir, pleasure and honour is mine!

Yes Pidge, he does follow Fulham.
Thank you very much
EiTC
Hammer
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Hammer »

My apologies, I didn't think I would be missed. :shock:

After a very messy day, I arrived late. Grabbed a Guinness downstairs and came up the stairs to hear the last few bars of 'No More Heroes' coming out of the PA. I didn't recognise anyone, but the venue was packed by then so decided to stay at the back.
It was a strange gig for me, it was one of the first times I had seen a band that I knew very little about, although as the night went on I felt that I knew more songs than I thought.
It was about halfway through that I realised where the 'familyinblack' were situated as I saw a wine glass being held aloft in celebration. :smile: (very civilised, being allowed proper glass) I decided not to gatecrash the party.
The band were clearly enjoying themselves and there was no talking at the back, also a first for me.
Not unlike the drummer, who had a party to go to in Brixton! I had to rush off at the end to meet Mrs H who was doing her own thing. So I thought that it would be less weird not to say hello, than to introduce myself and then immediately piss off!

Overall, I left the gig thinking that I wish that I lived somewhere where I didn't have to make detailed travel plans to see a gig, because I would like to take a chance on seeing more bands that I don't know a great deal about. I enjoyed it.
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

Hammer wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 13:31 My apologies, I didn't think I would be missed. :shock:

After a very messy day, I arrived late. Grabbed a Guinness downstairs and came up the stairs to hear the last few bars of 'No More Heroes' coming out of the PA. I didn't recognise anyone, but the venue was packed by then so decided to stay at the back.
It was a strange gig for me, it was one of the first times I had seen a band that I knew very little about, although as the night went on I felt that I knew more songs than I thought.
It was about halfway through that I realised where the 'familyinblack' were situated as I saw a wine glass being held aloft in celebration. :smile: (very civilised, being allowed proper glass) I decided not to gatecrash the party.
The band were clearly enjoying themselves and there was no talking at the back, also a first for me.
Not unlike the drummer, who had a party to go to in Brixton! I had to rush off at the end to meet Mrs H who was doing her own thing. So I thought that it would be less weird not to say hello, than to introduce myself and then immediately piss off!

Overall, I left the gig thinking that I wish that I lived somewhere where I didn't have to make detailed travel plans to see a gig, because I would like to take a chance on seeing more bands that I don't know a great deal about. I enjoyed it.
Glad you made it, it was a good gig 8) Better planning and we can all raise our glasses together another time. Civilised until the glasses are drained... :smt006
No one can win against kipple.
Hammer
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Hammer »

Bag Lady wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 16:18
Hammer wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 13:31 My apologies, I didn't think I would be missed. :shock:

Glad you made it, it was a good gig 8) Better planning and we can all raise our glasses together another time. Civilised until the glasses are drained... :smt006
Agreed :smt006
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Interesting.

Should have been posted on the 'Licky Licky' thread though IMHO.

This forum really does need a new moderator.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Great stuff about T M S.

Enjoy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmX3bfOI-6M
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.