Skids tour next year

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

manticore
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1372
Joined: 18 Feb 2008, 18:36
Location: highlands,scotland.

Skids tour next year

Post by manticore »

I see Richard jobson has mentioned there's a 40th anniversary tour for the skids next year,festivals as well.so much for the last ever gigs a few years back(I'm glad to say)
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran
User avatar
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack
Posts: 3486
Joined: 05 Nov 2007, 14:08
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Skids tour next year

Post by Bobinblack »

'king hell!

Can you keep us posted of the dates please? :grin:
'Peaches - A Chronicle of The Stranglers from 1974 to 1990', out 2014 on Soundcheck Books.

Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
User avatar
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven
Posts: 2235
Joined: 30 Jan 2011, 18:31
Location: Hornchurch, Essex.

Re: Skids tour next year

Post by Rockula »

Bobinblack wrote:'king hell!

Can you keep us posted of the dates please? :grin:
Current information only says playing festivals in May and June 2017.
I think Bruce Watson (Big Country) is back filling the shoes of the late Stuart Adamson. He's done it before in 2007. And he did a great job too.
ManInBrown
manticore
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1372
Joined: 18 Feb 2008, 18:36
Location: highlands,scotland.

Re: Skids tour next year

Post by manticore »

Rockula wrote:
Bobinblack wrote:'king hell!

Can you keep us posted of the dates please? :grin:
Current information only says playing festivals in May and June 2017.
I think Bruce Watson (Big Country) is back filling the shoes of the late Stuart Adamson. He's done it before in 2007. And he did a great job too.
With his son Jamie involved again as well.
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran
dreamtime101
The Man They Love To Hate
Posts: 718
Joined: 15 Apr 2006, 19:23

Re: Skids tour next year

Post by dreamtime101 »

manticore wrote:I see Richard jobson has mentioned there's a 40th anniversary tour for the skids next year,festivals as well.so much for the last ever gigs a few years back(I'm glad to say)
Great news - thanks for the info :smt023
User avatar
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack
Posts: 3486
Joined: 05 Nov 2007, 14:08
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Skids tour next year

Post by Bobinblack »

Been reading a biog of Bill Nelson recently, there was a great mutual respect between Bill and Stuart. Bill was/is a superb guitarist and formed Be Bop Deluxe who made it reasonably big in the 70s and SA apparently was a huge admirer.

I always much preferred Bill Nelson's Red Noise and his later solo stuff which was synth/electronic inspired blended in with his beautiful guitar work. He worked with John Leckie a few times over the years and, if I remember right, produced the Skids once too. Anyway, when Stuart died Bill wrote a song in tribute, 'For Stuart' which was a nice touch.

The Skids was the first gig I ever went to on my own, so to speak, in 1980 at Leeds Poly. On The Air and The Tea Set supported, I think!
'Peaches - A Chronicle of The Stranglers from 1974 to 1990', out 2014 on Soundcheck Books.

Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
kjblack
Rats Rally
Posts: 415
Joined: 23 Oct 2011, 14:45

Re: Skids tour next year

Post by kjblack »

Bobinblack wrote:Been reading a biog of Bill Nelson recently, there was a great mutual respect between Bill and Stuart. Bill was/is a superb guitarist and formed Be Bop Deluxe who made it reasonably big in the 70s and SA apparently was a huge admirer.

I always much preferred Bill Nelson's Red Noise and his later solo stuff which was synth/electronic inspired blended in with his beautiful guitar work. He worked with John Leckie a few times over the years and, if I remember right, produced the Skids once too. Anyway, when Stuart died Bill wrote a song in tribute, 'For Stuart' which was a nice touch.

The Skids was the first gig I ever went to on my own, so to speak, in 1980 at Leeds Poly. On The Air and The Tea Set supported, I think!
Bill Nelson produced the second Skids album, Days in Europa. Gave them a more commercial sound than the harder, though I think better, Scared to Dance.
manticore
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1372
Joined: 18 Feb 2008, 18:36
Location: highlands,scotland.

Re: Skids tour next year

Post by manticore »

The rock artist management site has dates up for next year,though they are unconfirmed yet.
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran
User avatar
Black Leather Jacket
The Man They Love To Hate
Posts: 677
Joined: 07 Nov 2008, 10:14

Re: Skids tour next year

Post by Black Leather Jacket »

Can't wait to see them.
Image
Home is a black leather jacket
Fitting sweetly to my brain!
User avatar
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 11259
Joined: 27 Jun 2003, 12:32
Location: Left of the middle.

Re: Skids tour next year

Post by gizzard »

MAY 2017
Friday 26th The Academy, Dublin To be announced (MCD)
Saturday 27th The Limelight, Belfast To be announced (MCD)

JUNE 2017
Thursday 1st The Picture Dome, Holmfirth To be announced (Barney Veron)
Friday 2nd The Ritz, Manchester To be announced (Barney Vernon)
Thursday 15th The Junction, Cambridge To be announced (AGMP)
Friday 16th The Roundhouse, London To be announced (AGMP)
Saturday 17th Concorde 2, Brighton To be announced (AGMP)
Friday 23rd Scotland Tba Calum
Saturday 24th Scotland Tba Calum

AUGUST 2017
Thursday 3rd Tbc
Friday 4th Tbc
Saturday 5th Tbc
Sunday 6th Tbc

more dates coming soon……..
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
User avatar
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack
Posts: 3977
Joined: 04 Jan 2006, 20:27
Location: BELFAST

Re: Skids tour next year

Post by MULLY »

gizzard wrote:MAY 2017
Saturday 27th The Limelight, Belfast To be announced (MCD)
8)
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
manticore
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1372
Joined: 18 Feb 2008, 18:36
Location: highlands,scotland.

Re: Skids tour next year

Post by manticore »

Home gig in Dunfermline,30th of June,glen pavilion.
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran
Post Reply