THE DAMNED NEW ALBUM !!!!!

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: THE DAMNED NEW ALBUM !!!!!

Post by jason »

I wonder if the next Stranglers album could be released through Pledge?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Every time I see the word, Pledge, I want to start cleaning some furniture :lol:
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
vanian
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by vanian »

sewer rat wrote:getting an album deal these days must be fkn frustrating for these types of bands. although they have a global fanbase....record companies just won't touch 'em so the pledge system is their only option. DV actually mentions how hard it is getting a record out these days in the movie. and also....if you remember what happened when Offspring signed the damned to their Nitro label, who by the way, are one of offsprings biggest influences....when they heard grave disorder....they dropped 'em. they were expecting a full on punk album and got a mix of punk/goth/psychedelia....not in keeping with the Nitro sound. who the fuck are these guys???? never trust a band that flys to gigs in their own plane....flown by the singer. they've had 'suitcases' of cash thrown at them over the years courtesy of MTV and they have the nerve to drop The Damned 'cos they didn't like their new album......FUUUUUCK OFFFF!!!!!

hi mate - your absolutely totally wrong on the nitro deal it was a one off deal - noodles & dexter both love it see the twitter conversation i had with them - it sold well but it was a deal for the damned to get the record out when no-one else would touch them - nitro pretty much stopped after 2004 and then it got sold a few years later

"For Dexter, the Damned are one of those bands that made him want to start a band," says Nitro general manager Brad Pollack. "We wanted to make sure that the Damned had the opportunity to make the record that they wanted to make, that was obviously the Damned, but had the 21st century in it as well. And they did exactly that."
Screen Shot 2016-08-06 at 17.16.34.png
Screen Shot 2016-08-06 at 17.16.34.png (133.25 KiB) Viewed 2564 times
Last edited by vanian on 06 Aug 2016, 22:32, edited 2 times in total.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Rockula wrote:
Greatkudu wrote:Funny how people slag Hugh off for using the pledge system.I find it odd that The Damned are using the pledge model,surely they must be able to find a label for distribution.After their

last album,I would be very reluctant to pledge.
Latest albums by Buzzcocks, Stiff Little Fingers, Penetration, UK Subs, Chelsea were all Pledge and are all excellent.
Ruts DC's Pledge album also due next month.

Never had a problem with Pledge.
But if you don't want to you don't have to.
The CD will be in the shops about 6 months later.
My thoughts entirely.
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

I like Pledge. I've picked up autographed cds from Buzzcocks, Rob Zombie, Hugh, Jah Wobble, Killing Joke one on the way and now The Damned.
Well worth the extra couple of quid in my book.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
euromanc-ometh
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Devo, Buzzcocks, Fingers, Hugh, Penetration...I've bought some really good albums recently via Pledge.
vanian

Post by vanian »

ThruBeingCool wrote:Devo, Buzzcocks, Fingers, Hugh, Penetration...I've bought some really good albums recently via Pledge.

i agree you get the chance to purchase a few unique items as well and its just works
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Let's raise our glasses to Pledge ! :smt030
vanian

Post by vanian »

ThruBeingCool wrote:Let's raise our glasses to Pledge ! :smt030
absolutely as without it there would only be pop shite
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

ThruBeingCool wrote:Let's raise our glasses to Pledge ! :smt030
Ching ching!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
euromanc-ometh
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Who's round is it?
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

vanian wrote:
sewer rat wrote:getting an album deal these days must be fkn frustrating for these types of bands. although they have a global fanbase....record companies just won't touch 'em so the pledge system is their only option. DV actually mentions how hard it is getting a record out these days in the movie. and also....if you remember what happened when Offspring signed the damned to their Nitro label, who by the way, are one of offsprings biggest influences....when they heard grave disorder....they dropped 'em. they were expecting a full on punk album and got a mix of punk/goth/psychedelia....not in keeping with the Nitro sound. who the fuck are these guys???? never trust a band that flys to gigs in their own plane....flown by the singer. they've had 'suitcases' of cash thrown at them over the years courtesy of MTV and they have the nerve to drop The Damned 'cos they didn't like their new album......FUUUUUCK OFFFF!!!!!

hi mate - your absolutely totally wrong on the nitro deal it was a one off deal - noodles & dexter both love it see the twitter conversation i had with them - it sold well but it was a deal for the damned to get the record out when no-one else would touch them - nitro pretty much stopped after 2004 and then it got sold a few years later

"For Dexter, the Damned are one of those bands that made him want to start a band," says Nitro general manager Brad Pollack. "We wanted to make sure that the Damned had the opportunity to make the record that they wanted to make, that was obviously the Damned, but had the 21st century in it as well. And they did exactly that."
Screen Shot 2016-08-06 at 17.16.34.png
The truth is out there!