Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

vanian
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: THE DAMNED NEW ALBUM !!!!!

Post by vanian »

ThruBeingCool wrote:
vanian wrote:
sewer rat wrote:getting an album deal these days must be fkn frustrating for these types of bands. although they have a global fanbase....record companies just won't touch 'em so the pledge system is their only option. DV actually mentions how hard it is getting a record out these days in the movie. and also....if you remember what happened when Offspring signed the damned to their Nitro label, who by the way, are one of offsprings biggest influences....when they heard grave disorder....they dropped 'em. they were expecting a full on punk album and got a mix of punk/goth/psychedelia....not in keeping with the Nitro sound. who the fuck are these guys???? never trust a band that flys to gigs in their own plane....flown by the singer. they've had 'suitcases' of cash thrown at them over the years courtesy of MTV and they have the nerve to drop The Damned 'cos they didn't like their new album......FUUUUUCK OFFFF!!!!!

hi mate - your absolutely totally wrong on the nitro deal it was a one off deal - noodles & dexter both love it see the twitter conversation i had with them - it sold well but it was a deal for the damned to get the record out when no-one else would touch them - nitro pretty much stopped after 2004 and then it got sold a few years later

"For Dexter, the Damned are one of those bands that made him want to start a band," says Nitro general manager Brad Pollack. "We wanted to make sure that the Damned had the opportunity to make the record that they wanted to make, that was obviously the Damned, but had the 21st century in it as well. And they did exactly that."
Screen Shot 2016-08-06 at 17.16.34.png
The truth is out there!
It is and people quite rightly make assumptions- but for the offspring - GD was a labour of love and them trying to help a band they totally idolised get back to rights after all the fuck ups - they desperately wanted the damned on the summer national tour here but couldn't make it work so asked (and bankrolled) SLF - dont assume stuff as you will find that dexter and noodles are some the most approachable people around and if you contact them they reply and engage MIB take note ......
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

Well this seems to be the way many do it.
I think Marillion was the first or one of the first to get the fans to pay for it.
Good idea in this day and age.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Pledged for the album last week, They just took the money out of my bank account now. Pledge is great this will be my 3rd pledge album Hugh,Ruts and The Damned. Just pledge for the signed CD though, don't really need anything else.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I have pledged for Hugh and Buzzcock's before.Alas as the music scene is controlled by spawns of Satan like S Cowell,it is almost the only way a lot of the old bands can release new

material,The Damned used to be my joint Fav band some years ago along with The Buzzcok's,TOH and SOD,but around the Eloise period I went off them."Grave Disorder" was a good album

but IMHO the follow up "SWP" was a poor effort,over produced and mostly poor quality apart from a few track's.So I will have to think about pledging,I will pledge for Theatre of Hates

new album as their recent EP was pretty good and I love KB's voice.Back to The Damned I particularly like Dave Vanian,he has one of the most distinctive voices in music and I love the fact

that he has an air of mystery about him.
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

Pledged without batting an eyelid. The last album was self released but pledge is a very smart way of making sure you cover some of your costs so that they don't have to take such a big risk. Also, if they have financial backers for a release, pledge is a great way of saying "these guys are in" thus making it easier to get some funding outside. Smart move.
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

105% funded in under 5 days.
ManInBrown
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

They sold all 1,000 of the signed, coloured vinyl.

There's now a further 1,000 signed BLACK vinyl.
Or unlimited, unsigned black vinyl.
ManInBrown
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I am going to pledge have been listening to The Damned a lot in last few day's,will take a risk? But you have to support great bands like these.They seem to appreciate their fans a lot which

some other bands seem to take for granted.
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

Rockula wrote:They sold all 1,000 of the signed, coloured vinyl.

There's now a further 1,000 signed BLACK vinyl.
Or unlimited, unsigned black vinyl.
I hope their management is a bit more on the ball than the Stranglers, if they can make sure this is all chart eligible then the advance orders alone should see the highest chart position for the Damned in at least 30 years by the time it comes out. cool.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Lafleur »

Nice interview with Dave Vanian a few days ago. The new Damned album release date could be 01-01-2018.
http://thecarouser.com/damned-dave-vanian-interview/

Another nice article and outlook regarding The Damned and The Phantom Chords:
http://www.cltampa.com/music/music-news ... ard-tracks
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Looking forward to this.
dead ringer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dead ringer »

I see Paul Gray has rejoined the band, great bass player!