An Evening With Glen Matlock

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

An Evening With Glen Matlock

Post by ThruBeingCool »

As part of my month long birthday celebrations I've just spent the last couple of hours with Glen Matlock who is a famous punk rocker.

Not just me and him I might add, there were between 70 to 90 other punters who attended this songs and stories, acoustic style gig in a very intimate and most un punk setting. The foyer area at the Theatre Royal, Nottingham (true home of Stranglerdom etc)

Glen read a a couple of chapters from his book and invited questions from the audience although he didn't seem to particularly want any questions.

Then we had a break and he played a few numbers for us.

"Something old, something new, something borrowed"

I don't think there was anything blue. Might have been when I went for a piss, dunno.

Couple of Rich Kids songs thrown in with other solo material and covers made the bulk of the set from what I recall. Only Pistols songs were 'Pretty Vacant' and 'GSTQ' and we were all encouraged to clap along. Which we did of course.

Overall it was entertaining and actually quite "interesting" at times.

Confirms my belief that he is the most un interesting member of the Sex Pistols though. Of course I didn't say that when I got the inevitable photo opportunity....
sewer rat
Rats Rally

Re: An Evening With Glen Matlock

Post by sewer rat »

me and ma mate met him at the Glasgow SECC during a record fair. must've been around 1999/00. we actually thought we had got there too late and he had fucked off. but there, right in front of me, a wee short arse called glen. ah shook his hand and thanked him for pretty vacant. he invited me and the mate to his stall where we blethered for a bit and got a couple of pics taken. ma mate bought a vicious white kids cd and got him to sign it. all-in-all a real decent guy, down to earth, no huge head or that.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Yeah, nice guy I agree.
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

Enjoyed hearing Glen Matlock singing "Happy" a couple of years back, great festival moment :shock:
No one can win against kipple.