We know where you live
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI2oS2hoL0k

here is the video. Yeh Radiohead rule
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: How good is the new Radiohead song?

Post by StanInBlack »

I haven't heard it yet, going to wait until the LP comes out, which hopefully will be better than the half-baked 'The King of Limbs' ... Those lyrics look like default Thom Yorke-by-numbers, though.
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

I like the Trumpton style video much more than I like the song.
ManInBrown
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

it's good - not spectacular but good
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

10th Viewing now for me, i like the wickerman style of video, going through the what does it mean part now,but haven't come to any conclusions yet. I don't know what to make of the song in context of the album, because knowing Radiohead this will be the most accsessiable song on the album, and the rest of it will sound even more weirder than this. But i love the Bass on this to me is the highlight of the song. Like the Lyirics thom sounds like his written them down randomly like a rant. I like "The King of Limbs" but i got a feeling this will be more "Produced".
sewer rat
Rats Rally

Post by sewer rat »

if you like Radiohead....go to my 'live by request' page....there's a Radiohead gig there from 1995 @ Tramps in New York
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

I was surprised at how accessible it was seeing as they have head their heads stuck up their arses for so long. Good sign!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

sewer rat wrote:if you like Radiohead....go to my 'live by request' page....there's a Radiohead gig there from 1995 @ Tramps in New York

Cheers Sewer Rat i will give it a look.

Yes Jetblacksdad i partially agree on the accsessabilty of the song, but i am a fan of their most recent work aswell.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

pigeon wrote: I like "The King of Limbs" but i got a feeling this will be more "Produced".
I don't quite get what you're on about here, Pidge, the production values on 'The King of Limbs' were very high... it's as far from a raw sounding record as it was possible to get. The issue I had with 'The King of Limbs' wasn't the way it sounded... in fact, it sounded great! The problem was that the songwriting wasn't there.

'Codex' is a beautiful song, though, and they should have held back the release so they could put 'Staircase' and 'Supercollider' on there.

I prefer Kid A and In Rainbows to The Bends and OK Computer. I think their post '90s work has aged better.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

If were talking about the songwritting on "The King of Limbs", then "Goodmorning Mr Magpie", "Codex" i agree is supurb "Lotus Flower", people often look over "Give up the Ghost" which i think is the best on the album then theres "Seperator". i recomend "The King of Limbs" "From the basement" live DVD. that has "Staircase" and "Supercolider" on it.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

pigeon wrote:If were talking about the songwritting on "The King of Limbs", then "Goodmorning Mr Magpie", "Codex" i agree is supurb "Lotus Flower", people often look over "Give up the Ghost" which i think is the best on the album then theres "Seperator". i recomend "The King of Limbs" "From the basement" live DVD. that has "Staircase" and "Supercolider" on it.
I like the studio version of 'Morning Mr Magpie', it has some great Colin Greenwood bass playing and I love that funk-like guitar riff that runs throughout... I'm not sure it's a great song, but I like the way it sounds. 'Give Up The Ghost' is pretty decent, I think. I don't think they got the best out of 'Separator' at all, both in the studio and live - it has the potential to be so much better.

'Lotus Flower' is my least favourite song on the record, and 'Bloom' is 100x better in its live form.
Black Leather Jacket
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Black Leather Jacket »

Sounds like all their other stuff post OK Computer. Dreary nonsense.....................
Home is a black leather jacket
Fitting sweetly to my brain!