The Damned at Shepperton 1980

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

sewer rat
Rats Rally

The Damned at Shepperton 1980

Post by sewer rat »

anyone out there attend that fan club gig way back in 1980. a girl i used to know had the full show on a cassette and Drinking About My Baby was on the tracklist....did they play that. there's an early version from 1979 on their Radio One Sessions cd and i can only assume that it's Algy Ward on bass. anyone who has the vinyl of Shepperton probably remembers the statement Rat Scabies made to Sounds in 1982 when the album was released. he went on to say that fans of the group should avoid this album as it's not even a proper live show...it's been brought together using various other bootlegs and at least one track isn't even live. if you listen to Looking At You...you can JUST make out Vanian saying..."this one's called looking at you"...but the actual song is crystal clear. p.s....anyone who bought the original Black Album on cassette in 1980 were treated to some extra in-between song banter on the live side. if you were at that gig, i'd love to hear from you. the songs used on The Black Album were obviously from the actual gig and are the best your probably likely to hear from that era anywhere. so, if you can remember anything about the gig....maybe post it up...cheers....p.p.s...is the photo from 1979 that was used for the back of Lively Arts 7" (the one with sensible wearing cricket pads) taken from the Moonlight Club. always wondered.