Blondie - Glasgow - 1979

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Blondie - Glasgow - 1979

Post by PaulinLondon »

I remember listening to a cassette bootie of this gig with Ravi (good friend of DomP) in about 1983 or thereabouts.

When the bagpipes came in to the intro of "Sunday Girl", we absolutely loved it. We knackered the cassette listening to the intro over and over again. 8)

Enjoy !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K1Tw20NeX0
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Blondie - Glasgow - 1979

Post by gjinblack »

I love the bagpipes. That intro was fuckin ace!
Prior apologies for my language!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
euromanc-ometh
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

I remember the gig was broadcast on Radio 1 as a live thing, it was New Years Eve. Then the film was shown on BBC4 a few years ago while they were re-showing some old stuff. I've got it on DVD somewhere.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
dan-electro
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dan-electro »

I seem to remember it was 'live' on the Old Grey Whistle Test (31st December 1979) and was introduced by Bob Harris from the Glasgow Apollo. It's on DVD and as has been mentioned was broadcast on BBC4 a few years back. 8)
Hugh - "We had gangs of skinheads coming along trying to cause problems and stuff"
Rick Wakeman - "How did you deal with it?"
Hugh - "Our bass player used to jump off the stage and beat the shit out of them!"
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Check out 'Blondie @ The BBC' - CD and DVD released about 3 years ago. Contains the OGWT transmission on the DVD plus more tracks from the same gig on the CD. You also get TOTP's and other OGWT appearances on the DVD. Excellent release I must say.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

ThruBeingCool wrote:Check out 'Blondie @ The BBC' - CD and DVD released about 3 years ago. Contains the OGWT transmission on the DVD plus more tracks from the same gig on the CD. You also get TOTP's and other OGWT appearances on the DVD. Excellent release I must say.
Yep I have this and I fully concur with TBC 8)
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Roger that and thank you all.

:smt006
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.