Killing Joke

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Post Reply
User avatar
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1724
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 00:39
Location: Rochdale

Re: Killing Joke

Post by gjinblack »

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

euromanc-ometh
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 5783
Joined: 25 Nov 2005, 01:00
Location: Yorkshire Pudding Town

Re: Killing Joke

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

jason wrote: 27 Nov 2019, 19:35 Jaz Coleman's classical album of Killing Joke songs is out this Friday.
Another one!? I’ll have to buy out of my hard earned benefits! :shock:
The Live in Berlin 2018 & Laugh At Your Peril - Live In London 2018 CD’s I’ve just received are very lovely jubbly indeedy.
8) well chuffed, they’re so amazing live, KJ are one of the best live bands out there IMHO and I’ve seen many bands over the years.
Wasn’t too keen on the Classical KJ idea but what I’ve heard is fanfuckintastic. 8) look forward to getting hold of this CD too.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 7289
Joined: 02 Oct 2008, 15:34
Location: Kent

Re: Killing Joke

Post by jason »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 28 Nov 2019, 00:25
jason wrote: 27 Nov 2019, 19:35 Jaz Coleman's classical album of Killing Joke songs is out this Friday.
Another one!? I’ll have to buy out of my hard earned benefits! :shock:
The Live in Berlin 2018 & Laugh At Your Peril - Live In London 2018 CD’s I’ve just received are very lovely jubbly indeedy.
8) well chuffed, they’re so amazing live, KJ are one of the best live bands out there IMHO and I’ve seen many bands over the years.
Wasn’t too keen on the Classical KJ idea but what I’ve heard is fanfuckintastic. 8) look forward to getting hold of this CD too.
Yeah that Laugh at your peril sounds pretty good.
User avatar
jetblacksdad
The Man They Love To Hate
Posts: 910
Joined: 30 Jun 2008, 12:56
Location: Here and there

Re: Killing Joke

Post by jetblacksdad »

Went to the launch party for Jaz's album last night. It sounds really incredible - play it loud!

He is doing a signing at Fopp in Covent Garden tomorrow

Go along and grab one and meet the man! He's in top form after the Tool gigs!


magna-invocatio-instore-signing.jpg
magna-invocatio-instore-signing.jpg (105.75 KiB) Viewed 615 times
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 7289
Joined: 02 Oct 2008, 15:34
Location: Kent

Re: Killing Joke

Post by jason »

This classical album sounds superb.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 7289
Joined: 02 Oct 2008, 15:34
Location: Kent

Re: Killing Joke

Post by jason »

I think it would be great if there was a classical album of Stranglers songs released one day. Songs like Midnight Summer Dream would work well.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 7289
Joined: 02 Oct 2008, 15:34
Location: Kent

Re: Killing Joke

Post by jason »

One thing I don't understand about Killing Joke is that they always seem to play a lot of their early stuff at gigs. Some of its great but I prefer the Nightime period onwards. Is their early stuff deemed to be the best by their fans?
User avatar
jetblacksdad
The Man They Love To Hate
Posts: 910
Joined: 30 Jun 2008, 12:56
Location: Here and there

Re: Killing Joke

Post by jetblacksdad »

Youth wasn't on Night Tuime era stuff so I think they revert to the stuff he originally recorded to be honest

Can't say I blame him, but I would like to hear more mid era material myself.
That said, the early albums take some beating - by anybody!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 7289
Joined: 02 Oct 2008, 15:34
Location: Kent

Re: Killing Joke

Post by jason »

It's funny that the Brighter than a thousand Sun's album always gets ignored. That's probably my favourite album of theirs!
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 5783
Joined: 25 Nov 2005, 01:00
Location: Yorkshire Pudding Town

Re: Killing Joke

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

jason wrote: 10 Dec 2019, 22:37 It's funny that the Brighter than a thousand Sun's album always gets ignored. That's probably my favourite album of theirs!
Indeed. Would love to hear them play ‘Adorations’ live. One of the first 12” singles I bought. Also ‘Love of the Masses’, but Paul Raven played on these songs and the rest from - ‘Brighter Than a Thousand Suns’ so I guess Youth won’t play these too?
:?
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 7289
Joined: 02 Oct 2008, 15:34
Location: Kent

Re: Killing Joke

Post by jason »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 10 Dec 2019, 22:46
jason wrote: 10 Dec 2019, 22:37 It's funny that the Brighter than a thousand Sun's album always gets ignored. That's probably my favourite album of theirs!
Indeed. Would love to hear them play ‘Adorations’ live. One of the first 12” singles I bought. Also ‘Love of the Masses’, but Paul Raven played on these songs and the rest from - ‘Brighter Than a Thousand Suns’ so I guess Youth won’t play these too?
:?
It's a brilliant album. Probably their most commercial sounding album but superb from start to finish.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 5783
Joined: 25 Nov 2005, 01:00
Location: Yorkshire Pudding Town

Re: Killing Joke

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

jason wrote: 11 Dec 2019, 00:01
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 10 Dec 2019, 22:46
jason wrote: 10 Dec 2019, 22:37 It's funny that the Brighter than a thousand Sun's album always gets ignored. That's probably my favourite album of theirs!
Indeed. Would love to hear them play ‘Adorations’ live. One of the first 12” singles I bought. Also ‘Love of the Masses’, but Paul Raven played on these songs and the rest from - ‘Brighter Than a Thousand Suns’ so I guess Youth won’t play these too?
:?
It's a brilliant album. Probably their most commercial sounding album but superb from start to finish.
I wish they’d tour more around the UK and perhaps do a few tours playing a few of their old albums all the way through, especially stuff like Brighter Than a Thousand Suns. I also prefer more of their later work rather than their earlier work. I guess cos that’s when I got into em, around 1984/85 and then especially after seeing em at the Reading Festival in 1986. Fuckin’ ell 33 years ago already.
:?
Post Reply