Man Of The Earth

Re: Killing Joke

Post by jason »

Great news.
Hammer
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Hammer »

Jaz has cancelled his 'Chamber Orchestra concert'. I get the impression that he is struggling to finance his classical KJ album.
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Hammer wrote: 19 May 2017, 09:24 Jaz has cancelled his 'Chamber Orchestra concert'. I get the impression that he is struggling to finance his classical KJ album.
I pledged for this about a year ago..... :(
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

I bought this in a second hand record shop a few years ago. It's rather good.

"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

gizzard wrote: 19 May 2017, 20:14
Hammer wrote: 19 May 2017, 09:24 Jaz has cancelled his 'Chamber Orchestra concert'. I get the impression that he is struggling to finance his classical KJ album.
I pledged for this about a year ago..... :(
So did I. Didn't it hit the pledge target then?
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

So what happens to our money now if we have pledged for this album?
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Killing joke live at the london Scala tomorrow, i am going to it. Looking forward to it. Who else is going?
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

I shall be there.

I dropped by KJ rehearsal room yesterday and had a chat with them.
They are on top form. all looking happy and healthy.
Jaz promised some set list surprises. But we shall see about that!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Nice! looking forward to it. Though i only own 5 of their albums, "killing joke - killing joke" 1980, "Revelations", "Nightime", "Killing Joke 2003" & "Pylon". "Nighttime is my favourite album of theirs to listen to, overall as a piece of work, flows well. I really like the title track "Nighttime" i would like to see that played live, the bass is very good in it, & "Kings and Queens" has got a great beat to it. And "Eighthies" is great (yes i know it was their biggest song). Elesewhere "The Hum" from "Revelations" is classic, & "Total invasion", "Implant", "Money is not our god" & the brilliant "Asteriod". I also like "Democracey" only listend to it online though so unfamilar with the full album.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

I do wish Killing Joke would tour more often like The Stranglers do, once a year and of course it's a supreme matter of paramount importance that Killing Joke play in Leeds!
Leeds, as some of us enlightened ones know is the centre of the Universe, and I do believe it's Geordie's fave city to play. So why the feck don't Killing Joke come here more often then?
C'mon lads sort yourselves out.

Adorations' when released way back in 1985 was along with The Stranglers one of the first 12 inch singles I bought and still one of my fave Killing Joke songs.
I was lucky enough to see The Stranglers at Reading festival in 1983 and 1987, and I also got to see Killing Joke there in 1986 but somewhere along the line I didn't really get into Killing Joke and only recently got to see them again in Leeds in November 2015, I was totally blown away. The last 3 albums have been phenomenal and my fave albums of recent times.

😎
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I noticed Jaz has put out a classical style track on the Pledgeneral music updates. Is this album going ahead now then?
Hammer
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Hammer »

jason wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 16:20 I noticed Jaz has put out a classical style track on the Pledgeneral music updates. Is this album going ahead now then?
He said the other week that he was going to do some lectures to raise money for the project, so we'll just have to see. :? Other than that, I'm in the dark as much as everyone else.
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.