Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Hammer
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Killing Joke

Post by Hammer »

gizzard wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 18:26
Bag Lady wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 16:13
Hammer wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 13:38 Just had an email that they are playing Scala London, 12th June. Gutted, can't make this, although £37.50 seems a bit steep. :shock:
And that price is before all the add on fees :shock:
£46.13! :roll:

Gutted not to be able to make this but have two Skids gigs in June plus gigs in July so the cash won't stretch :cry:

I would still pay that amount to see them, they are the most powerful band I have ever seen live, no going through the motions with KJ.
If I'm honest, I probably would too.
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

I got an email about this gig aswell. I can make it as Monday is my day off work. I had a look at the ticket price and

£45 for a ticket is a bit steep if you ask me. I can't afford it till payday on April 28th, and even then it will either be sold out, but still too expensive. I thouht they said Money was not there god?
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

Hammer wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 13:38 Just had an email that they are playing Scala London, 12th June. Gutted, can't make this, although £37.50 seems a bit steep. :shock:
small venue. High costs.

But worth it.
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
apc
SHAKESPEARO

Post by apc »

gizzard wrote:
£46.13! :roll:

Gutted not to be able to make this but have two Skids gigs in June plus gigs in July so the cash won't stretch :cry:

I would still pay that amount to see them, they are the most powerful band I have ever seen live, no going through the motions with KJ.
Well I paid £42.50 through Scala/Ticketweb
link and I think you can buy in person there if you can get to the venue
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Does anyone know if they are planning a new studio album after they release the new versions of their old stuff with an orchestra?
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

jason wrote: 19 Apr 2017, 08:54 Does anyone know if they are planning a new studio album after they release the new versions of their old stuff with an orchestra?
I hope so.
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I think someone on here said they had already written about six new songs and that was quite a while ago. I'm hoping they keep that Pylon sound going. That was a brilliant album. I don't want a return to the Hossanahs sound really.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

jason wrote: 19 Apr 2017, 13:35 I think someone on here said they had already written about six new songs and that was quite a while ago. I'm hoping they keep that Pylon sound going. That was a brilliant album. I don't want a return to the Hossanahs sound really.
I thought Hosanna's an improvement on the previous , but the next two ( Pylon , MMXii or whatever ) were a big improvement on that - Jazz actually sings rather than yells all the way through . They get better with age IMO .
All quiet ..........
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

jason wrote: 19 Apr 2017, 08:54 Does anyone know if they are planning a new studio album after they release the new versions of their old stuff with an orchestra?
yes.new album option picked up by spinefarm.plans afoot for some special reissues. not just the same old repackage. also lots of ideas for special gigs. all early days but at least it's being discussed!
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

:smt023
jetblacksdad wrote: 21 Apr 2017, 15:50
yes.new album option picked up by spinefarm.plans afoot for some special reissues. not just the same old repackage. also lots of ideas for special gigs. all early days but at least it's being discussed!
:smt023
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

jetblacksdad wrote: 21 Apr 2017, 15:50
Sorry what do you mean, new album option?
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

record company have the "option" to release a new album or pass and let them go to another label.
It's standard practice and the label said "yes please, lets have another album"

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: