Killing Joke

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Killing Joke

Post by jetblacksdad »

pigeon wrote:Yesterday i bought my first proper Killing Joke CD. "Pylon". Is such an excellent album from start to finish. I put it into the CD player last night, and was captivated from first song "Autonomous Zone",which was a song i saw them play live at last years Metal Hammer Golden God awards. The Album keeps you interested with it's unique beat to it songs like "New Cold War", "War on Jerusalem", "Eupohria" and "I am the Virus",got me hooked on them. I am a newbie when it comes to Killing Joke but Brixton Academy will be my 3rd time seeing them live. I think i am going to enjoy discovering this bands music this year. Only other CD i have is a 75 minute compleation CD that Rodney Blackstaff made me several years ago.
Pidg

Just bear in mind, Outside the gate is their Coup De Grace.

Recommend 1st album, Killing Joke 2003 (yellow sleeve with a clown), Pandemonium, Extremites, Absolute Dissent and MMXII

Enjoy!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I'd swap Brighter than a thousand sun's for the 2003 album. I thought it was a bit patchy towards the end.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

Yes. It was a tough call as I love BTATS . Agree that 2003 goes wonky at the end. I think Inferno was only on the Japanese cd and I never understood why!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I know what you mean about Outside the gate but I still really like it. America, My love of this land, Obsession, Unto the end of the earth and the title track are all superb imo.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

jetblacksdad wrote:
pigeon wrote:Yesterday i bought my first proper Killing Joke CD. "Pylon". Is such an excellent album from start to finish. I put it into the CD player last night, and was captivated from first song "Autonomous Zone",which was a song i saw them play live at last years Metal Hammer Golden God awards. The Album keeps you interested with it's unique beat to it songs like "New Cold War", "War on Jerusalem", "Eupohria" and "I am the Virus",got me hooked on them. I am a newbie when it comes to Killing Joke but Brixton Academy will be my 3rd time seeing them live. I think i am going to enjoy discovering this bands music this year. Only other CD i have is a 75 minute compleation CD that Rodney Blackstaff made me several years ago.
Pidg

Just bear in mind, Outside the gate is their Coup De Grace.

Recommend 1st album, Killing Joke 2003 (yellow sleeve with a clown), Pandemonium, Extremites, Absolute Dissent and MMXII

Enjoy!
Thanks i will look into it. I have listend to the 2003 album Killing joke on Spotify,as i like "The Death and resurection show", and "Money is not your god" and "Asteroid". I think there all from that album, also listend to "Absoloute Dissent" and "MMXII" online really like "MMXII". Is "Pandemonium" the dancy one? i have the song, i find it hard listening, and i think "Wardance" is on the debut which is classic and "The Wait". I thought they deserved me to part with cash for one of their albums as i had a spare tenner on me at the time i went for "Pylon". Will give it another listen later on. Listening to "Feline" now 8)
Hammer
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Hammer »

Not sure whether anyone would be interested but, Jaz is conducting a chamber orchestra on 15th July in London. It includes some of his own work, something from Nirvana and some from his symphonic Killing Joke album, that may eventually be released.
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I hope it will be released as I've already paid for it!
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

jason wrote: 31 Mar 2017, 13:33 I hope it will be released as I've already paid for it!
Me too! :roll:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

I like Jaz's concerto efforts on The Doors songs. Very nicely done.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Hammer
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Hammer »

Just had an email that they are playing Scala London, 12th June. Gutted, can't make this, although £37.50 seems a bit steep. :shock:
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

Hammer wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 13:38 Just had an email that they are playing Scala London, 12th June. Gutted, can't make this, although £37.50 seems a bit steep. :shock:
And that price is before all the add on fees :shock:
No one can win against kipple.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Bag Lady wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 16:13
Hammer wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 13:38 Just had an email that they are playing Scala London, 12th June. Gutted, can't make this, although £37.50 seems a bit steep. :shock:
And that price is before all the add on fees :shock:
£46.13! :roll:

Gutted not to be able to make this but have two Skids gigs in June plus gigs in July so the cash won't stretch :cry:

I would still pay that amount to see them, they are the most powerful band I have ever seen live, no going through the motions with KJ.
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''