Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Killing Joke

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

jetblacksdad wrote: 22 Aug 2019, 14:00
Greatkudu wrote: 15 Jun 2019, 12:36 Caution don't listen to Killing Joke late at night,played "Revelations" very late the other night and had terrible nightmares seeing the image of the Devil,they are all in to the Occult so I will not be playing them late at night again.
Big Girls Bra!
:smile:
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Greatkudu wrote: 22 Aug 2019, 16:29
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 21:11
Greatkudu wrote: 15 Jun 2019, 12:36 Caution don't listen to Killing Joke late at night,played "Revelations" very late the other night and had terrible nightmares seeing the image of the Devil,they are all in to the Occult so I will not be playing them late at night again.
Do you believe that Killing Joke are seriously into all that esoteric arts/the occult stuff? Apparently Jaz Coleman has an IQ of 170 or thereabouts and does say some very fascinating and interesting stuff but at the same time he also seems to talk a lot of bullshit, I’m not so sure, probably just a thing to give the band an air of mystery? [like Led Zeppelin did] Hope I’m wrong and it’s all true cos Ive always been interested in the esoterica and occult stuff too, mainly Aleister Crowley.
8)
Yes they are or were heavily into the occult,very much so.It can do alot of damage if you dabble,ask some of The Stranglers? it's something they won't

talk about,people think it's bullshit but they are wrong,you can conjure up some bad energy sometimes,caution required.
:smt023
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I see Jaz has released a classical version of The Raven King on Spotify! Maybe the full classical album will be coming out soon then hopefully?
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

November 29th through Spinefarm records

https://music.apple.com/by/album/magna-invocatio-gnostic-mass-for-choir-orchestra-inspired/1480822256
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

jetblacksdad wrote: 17 Oct 2019, 14:11 November 29th through Spinefarm records

https://music.apple.com/by/album/magna-invocatio-gnostic-mass-for-choir-orchestra-inspired/1480822256
Yes looking forward to hearing this.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I thought he was going to record My love of this land but he must have dropped it.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

jetblacksdad wrote: 17 Oct 2019, 14:11 November 29th through Spinefarm records

Ay-Thang-Yaw for this information Mista JB’s Dad, I do look forward to hear it but I guess I still wish they would concentrate more time on creating new Killing Joke albums and touring and visiting Leeds as mush as possible. Said it before but Geordie said it’s his fave city to play in so why not play here more then dude? a two nighter gig would be most welcome and very pleasant indeed I’m sure, but prob never happen, oh well shit happens innit.
8)
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

New album sometime next year. Probably end of the year. Lots of KJ stuff to be released to relieve you of your hard earned.Some nice reissues and rarities. Vinyl of Unperverted Pantomine coming soon!

Did you get the Astoria gig released on Cadiz?
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

jetblacksdad wrote: 18 Oct 2019, 09:56 New album sometime next year. Probably end of the year. Lots of KJ stuff to be released to relieve you of your hard earned.Some nice reissues and rarities. Vinyl of Unperverted Pantomine coming soon!

No I will have to check on my hard earned Benefits! It’s a bit steep at £20.00 too, also wish they would release some DVD’s of their most recent gigs with many choonz from their last 3 albums, loved em and live too, they just get better and better.
8)
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I'm really looking forward to their next album if it's anything like Pylon. 8)
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 19 Oct 2019, 19:21
jetblacksdad wrote: 18 Oct 2019, 09:56 New album sometime next year. Probably end of the year. Lots of KJ stuff to be released to relieve you of your hard earned.Some nice reissues and rarities. Vinyl of Unperverted Pantomine coming soon!

No I will have to check on my hard earned Benefits! It’s a bit steep at £20.00 too, also wish they would release some DVD’s of their most recent gigs with many choonz from their last 3 albums, loved em and live too, they just get better and better.
8)
GREAT!
Just received an email -

Live in Berlin 2018.
Recorded live at Huxley's Neue Welt, Berlin on the band's '40th Anniversary Laugh At Your Peril' tour on 19th October 2018, this 2CD set features the original line up. This 22 track setlist includes classics such as Love Like Blood, Eighties, Requiem, Wardance and many more.

There’s also the Laugh At Your Peril - Live In London 2018 CD.
Been waiting for what seems like ages for some live CD’s from recent tours and along come two.
Nice one KJ!
8)
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Also supporting Tool?
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...