Killing Joke

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Killing Joke

Post by jetblacksdad »

New album due September - 14 tracks completed, Geordie calls it their Heavy Metal Album.
Paul Ferguson has broken his ankle so is not able to drum (seeing him for a nosh up tomorrow all being well).
KJ playing Corby on Thursday - 250 tickets and sold out but playing Metal Hammer awards on Monday too.

And for those that know him, Mike Coles has done the artwork. Always good news!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Killing Joke

Post by Bobinblack »

This will bem,use some people on here who like KJ, but my favourite album is Absolute Dissent.

Would you call that in any way heavy metal?

How did Geordie break his ankle? They don't seem to have much luck with illness and stuff do they? :)
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Been offerd a free ticket for the Metal Hammer awards on Monday which is my day off, from a friend who won a competiton and whos going. He mentioned the bands playing and Killing joke. I don't really know what to make of them. I have seen them once at Sonisphere festival 2009 i think it was. I only have the one CD that Rodders made me on here,listen to it on and off. Its got about 70 songs on it, and some good ones. Never thought about actually going to see them live, but seeing as its a freebie, i maybe converted by the end of the day.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Bobinblack wrote:
How did Geordie break his ankle? They don't seem to have much luck with illness and stuff do they? :)
It was Big Paul Ferguson who broke his ankle Bob.

:smt006
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

gizzard wrote:
Bobinblack wrote:
It was Big Paul Ferguson who broke his ankle Bob.

:smt006
It's the heat, the heat :shock:
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
TatRat
Down In The Sewer

Post by TatRat »

Great news that another album is on its way. They really have hit a vein of form of late and producing quality music with each release.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Heavy metal sounds alarm bells?
Hammer
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Hammer »

jetblacksdad wrote:New album due September - 14 tracks completed, Geordie calls it their Heavy Metal Album.
Paul Ferguson has broken his ankle so is not able to drum (seeing him for a nosh up tomorrow all being well).
KJ playing Corby on Thursday - 250 tickets and sold out but playing Metal Hammer awards on Monday too.

And for those that know him, Mike Coles has done the artwork. Always good news!
Thank you for that JBD. Agree about Mike Coles. TBH I look forward to a Killing Joke release much more than a Stranglers one these days.

Not sure what to make of 'Heavy Metal' either. :shock:

Hopefully an autumn tour too.
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Can't wait for this. I'm sure it will be a belter as long as the songs aren't like This World Hell. I didn't like that one. I'm hoping for a more commercial sound but it sounds like it will be more heavy again.
manticore
Ugly
Ugly

Post by manticore »

How about getting in to their next Glasgow show for free if you still have your ticket from the last gig? Make up a bit for the early finish cos of the power cut.
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

Think The HM album is a bit tongue in cheek. Not heard anything yet but Mike Coles tells me that it's very tribal sounding. Paul seems to have done a great job. Had a nice catch up with him on Saturday. He's getting about a bit and keeping his spirits up.
I'm more excited by this KJ album than anything they have released for a long while. Let's hope huh?
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Hammer
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Hammer »

Cheers again JBD.

They've just announced a tour for the end of October, beginning November. Definitely Birmingham and possibly London for me. :grin:
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.