Killing Joke

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Hammer
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Killing Joke

Post by Hammer »

ThruBeingCool wrote:The last 3 albums would be my recommendation. Plus 'Pandemonium'.

However a newbie really ought to be going for the 'Singles Collection 1979 - 2012' or 'Laugh? I Nearly Bought One' before jumping on the bandwagon I feel.
I would certainly agree with the 'Singles Collection' and 'Laugh', which is a lot cheaper.

If you like the new album, then I'm reasonably sure that you would like the last two.

I think the first two albums have some brilliant stuff on them, but some fillers as well. I only really got interested in them with the release of Revelations, but I'm not sure that's a good place to start. :shock:
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

The one I have been playing quite a bit recently is Democracy, there are some stunning tracks on there - along with Absent Friends which was done on the recent tour there is Savage Freedom, Aeon, Intellect and my current KJ favourite track Medicine Wheel.
:smt020
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

gizzard wrote:The one I have been playing quite a bit recently is Democracy, there are some stunning tracks on there - along with Absent Friends which was done on the recent tour there is Savage Freedom, Aeon, Intellect and my current KJ favourite track Medicine Wheel.
:smt020
I like Democracy too. The production let's it down a bit though and Jaz doesn't really sing on it as well as he can like on the current album.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

Ravenette wrote:
jason wrote:
Ravenette wrote:Just bought album number one. Had it on in the car. My review so far...
Tracks one, two and three, utter shite, hit next button. Track four sounds promising... will reserve judgement until I hear the rest of this and the rest of CD. Otherwise, one Killing joke CD to sell on ebay!
What album is it?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Killing Joke - imaginative title!
Whaaaaaaat?

It's a bloody classic!!!

Requiem? Wardance? Shite?

No No No No No!

You need to have some treatment!!!! :grin:
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

Hadn't realised this was out. Thanks for tip. Just listening now.
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

paulinblack wrote:Hadn't realised this was out. Thanks for tip. Just listening now.
Did you enjoy it Paul?
vanian

Post by vanian »

for me pandemonium is head and shoulders above most of the others - including the new one to me its just classic axe in the head joke
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

vanian wrote:for me pandemonium is head and shoulders above most of the others - including the new one to me its just classic axe in the head joke
My favourite too . Also Night Time and the previous 2 before Pylon . I like Pylon , growing on me , BUT not quite as good as the previous two IMO .
All quiet ..........
vanian

Post by vanian »

off to see them over here in Tampa in january - its a small venue but good :grin:
vanian

Post by vanian »

forgot to say they want $100 for meet n greet and t-shirt - if there is one band that i could not see a meet and greet working with the yanks its going to be Jaz and the boys :twisted:
vanian

Post by vanian »

BOLLOX :cry:

Killing Joke
The Orpheum
Fri, 1/15/2016 8:00 PM EST

Due to some health issues for one of the band members, KILLING JOKE will not be able to embark on their 2016 U.S. Tour. All ticket holders will be refunded at the point of purchase.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

vanian wrote:BOLLOX :cry:

Killing Joke
The Orpheum
Fri, 1/15/2016 8:00 PM EST

Due to some health issues for one of the band members, KILLING JOKE will not be able to embark on their 2016 U.S. Tour. All ticket holders will be refunded at the point of purchase.
Very sorry to hear this, I had tickets for a gig in Miami 3 or 4 years ago (it was a coincidence that I happened to be fairly nearby at the time) and they cancelled that tour as well. I hope whoever is ill gets better soon and that they play gigs for you guys in the States before they play anymore over here.