Rezillos as 2015 support

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Summer Dreamer
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: Rezillos as 2015 support

Post by Summer Dreamer »

Yes ... Starbase 109.. very strange indeed, but curiously entertaining too...
One of their tracks was about a vacuum cleaner as I recall complete with props for the live performance... :shock:
'Scaffolding pays good bread'
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

Summer Dreamer wrote:Yes ... Starbase 109.. very strange indeed, but curiously entertaining too...
One of their tracks was about a vacuum cleaner as I recall complete with props for the live performance... :shock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PozEn-rkdkU
ManInBrown
The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Strangler »

only saw about the last 4 songs of the Rezillos at Cardiff and none at all in Brum, so decided to watch the full set in Bristol. Underwhelmed to be honest - wouldn't bother again. Go to Rebellion and there's a 100 bands better than that.
Rugby Union is not only the greatest team sport in the world on the field, but without a shadow of a doubt, is the greatest team sport in the world off the field. Nigel Owens.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

http://youtu.be/JcW7vKDmkHQ

Best track on the new album IMHO..but they never played it!
Sword sparkle
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Sword sparkle »

Shockingly I saw about a minute of their set in 5 gigs. To be honest most of the support acts over the years have left me underwhelmed.

Mind you I did see the Popes a few years back and thought they were quite good. I even bought some of their cds but was a bit steaming.
Yarp.
When I say ugly I don't mean rough looking I mean hideoussssss
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Always a bonus if it's someone you have a passing like for.

NEVER EVER went to see supports on purpose in the past, always miss timed main act coming on and caught last track or 2(their best ones anyway) of support.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:Always a bonus if it's someone you have a passing like for.

NEVER EVER went to see supports on purpose in the past, always miss timed main act coming on and caught last track or 2(their best ones anyway) of support.
I've been same the on the whole. I did make the effort for The Godfathers a couple of tours back but the Rezillos really made this tour for me.

I was looking at one of my Manchester tickets from about 5 years ago the other day..it was actually £5 cheaper to see them at The Academy this year than it was in 2010.

Rezillos plus Stranglers on this tour really was fantastic value for money.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

ThruBeingCool wrote:Rezillos plus Stranglers on this tour really was fantastic value for money.
:smt023 :smt023 :smt023
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

Loved 'em. But always been a fan.

I hope they consider having Penetration on the next tour.

The band I mean...not the physical act.. :lol:
ManInBrown
kenl
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by kenl »

Summer Dreamer wrote:Yes ... Starbase 109.. very strange indeed, but curiously entertaining too...
I bought their 2 albums on the strength of seeing them supporting the stranglers - they are entertaining.

Not sure what happened to them since then.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

One member of Starbase 109 had a sex change, and the other moved to Australia. They have a facebook page, and still post up songs. That they never recorded. Strange as ever

One was about being loneley in a council flat!. I didn't by "Zero" from the rezillos!, too overiced seeing as "The Prodigy" only charge £10 for their new album. £13 was a bit steep in my opinion. They should of sold it for under £10 then more people would of bought it.
Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ravenette »

pigeon wrote:One member of Starbase 109 had a sex change, and the other moved to Australia. They have a facebook page, and still post up songs. That they never recorded. Strange as ever

One was about being loneley in a council flat!. I didn't by "Zero" from the rezillos!, too overiced seeing as "The Prodigy" only charge £10 for their new album. £13 was a bit steep in my opinion. They should of sold it for under £10 then more people would of bought it.
Such a challenge making sense of some of your posts Pidge.
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.