The Selecter @ band on the wall.

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

The Selecter @ band on the wall.

Post by Alexinblack »

I was looking forward to this gig now for a few months, another band to get ticked of my must see list too. The Venue is only a small place only about 200 or so people and is only a ten minute walk from Piccadilly station . As I got off the train I saw Tracey Barlow and her boyfriend on Coronation Street too. Their wasn't many people in when I arrived, shortly after Pauline Black turned up came up and shook my hand which I thought was great. She was signing merc,chatting to people and taking photos along with Gaps. They were selling plenty of albums too, they must do pretty well on merchandise I brought a little poster thing and got them to sign it. She even remember when three men + black played at Nantwich, with the Stranglers on the same bill.

The band came on at about quarter to ten, no barriers at the venue, started with the Selecter, the sound was really good so the bass sounded immaculate. That was followed by three minute hero, Danger sounded great as did they make me made. Missing words got people moving, Celebrate the bullet sounded great too. They ended with on my radio, then came back on to do train to skaville and Too much pressure.

A great gig and a venue I would go to again.
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Re: The Selecter @ band on the wall.

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Top skankin review :wink:
Burn e 77
Something better change!
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Cheers mate.
The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Strangler »

I saw them at Gloucester Guildhall, which was the first gig of their tour (the same night the Stranglers started theirs). It was pretty much like you say, and I thought it was good that Pauline and Gaps were available before and after the gig to sign stuff and have photos done. It was the first time i'd seen them too and was a jolly good night - support band Talisman were good too. Will definately be watching them at Rebellion.
Rugby Union is not only the greatest team sport in the world on the field, but without a shadow of a doubt, is the greatest team sport in the world off the field. Nigel Owens.
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Pauline also looks very good for 61 too. They must make a fair bit of money too from the merc lps at £20 t shirts at £15 too. I'm looking forward to seeing them at Blackpool too.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Didnt see this before, nice review, luv Pauline a lot - she's fantastic
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
fourth horseman
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by fourth horseman »

Band on the Wall is a great venue Alex, I think maybe on of the best Manchester has to offer and it's just round the corner from where I live 8) They seem to do a lot of Reggae/Ska gigs which can make for a good evening but they do also mix it up a bit. Seen some great gigs there over the years.
Shove it up yer bollocks then!