Manics new album and 2013 tour

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Manics new album and 2013 tour

Post by theraven1979 »

Hmmm after a few days of listening to this it's drifted off my radar. It's a bit like an acoustic "Send Away The Tigers" which I hated. It's not a bad album but they're not the sort of songs that you wanna listen to again and again

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I really quite like this album now. Im glad they've gone for this mellow sound. I just wish James sang a bit more on it. He has got a superb voice. Unlike Nicky Wire!
Freddie Laker
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Freddie Laker »

I have 2 standing tickets for the Brixton Academy gig on Friday 11th April, but due to family commitments can't make it now.
Not looking for a profit, and will happily sell for face value.
PM me if interested.
theraven1970
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by theraven1970 »

Off to see the Manics at Barrowlands tonight, really looking forward to it. Looks like a top set-list with Archives of Pain back in for the first time in a long time.
Greetings, fellow Stranglers fans.
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

My Mum and Dad saw them last night in Wolverhampton both enjoyed it although the sound wasn't as good.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

theraven1970 wrote:Off to see the Manics at Barrowlands tonight, really looking forward to it. Looks like a top set-list with Archives of Pain back in for the first time in a long time.
What a great song one of there best.
ceebs
Rats Rally

Post by ceebs »

Went along to the Barrowlands gig, which was excellent! Mass singalongs to the older stuff as you would expect and a couple of new ones off of the forthcoming album which sounded pretty good to me. The Manics certainly seem to love this venue which i presume is in part down to the reaction they get from the crowd, which on the two occasions i`ve seen them here, seems to be very intense.
Only down side for this gig for me was getting stuck for a bit behind a bloke with a really long pony tail and spending most of that time trying to untangle myself from him. Still, its a nice change from the ginger, shirtless, fat, sweaty bloke who i seemed to get stuck with at every Barrowlands gig in the 80s and 90s. I wonder what he`s doing now?? :D
No dreams go in, no dreams go out, of the hole in his wrinkled head.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Got 2 standing tickets to see them at Brixton academy on saturday evening for £16.50 each. When i saw "archives of pain" was in the set i had to go. This will be my 5th time seeing them.
theraven1970
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by theraven1970 »

Absolutely fantastic gig at Barrowlands, the Manics were on top form & there was a great atmosphere. Ended up with a sore throat after singing along for most of the night. I was impressed by the new material & it went down well with the crowd.
Highlights for me were Archives of pain, You love us and for a change of pace, Rewind the film.
Greetings, fellow Stranglers fans.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

I love the song 'Rewind The Film' .....pity that most of the rest of the new album is shite. Still, wouldn't mind seeing The Manics live again after reading the reviews.

It is a crap album though overall innit?
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

ThruBeingCool wrote:I love the song 'Rewind The Film' .....pity that most of the rest of the new album is shite. Still, wouldn't mind seeing The Manics live again after reading the reviews.

It is a crap album though overall innit?
I can't remember much about it!
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

I enjoyed last nights gig at the brixton academy. The two songs from "the holy bible" "die in the summer time" and "archives of pain" were worth the entry fee alone i would like to see "the holy bible" in full next year. "Stay beautifull" ive also never seen live before loved the "why do you just get fucked" auidence participation. I thought there was to many singles as always but they have had a lot of hits. Rewind the film worked better live.