Bon Jovi

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Paul
Ugly
Ugly

Bon Jovi

Post by Paul »

absolute shite and not worth mentioning on a stranglers board I know.
apart from, it gives me a warm glow, knowing that my cissy workmate paid a whopping £70 for a ticket to see them at Man City's ground tonight, and that is the official going rate.
for £70, I have return rail travel, a concert ticket and overnight digs to see the stranglers at the Albert Hall. and still have change for a couple of pints at wetherspoons.

£70 though, :smt017
....near the nearside window.....
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Bon Jovi

Post by ThruBeingCool »

I remember the days when a fiver would cover a Stranglers gig, a few pints of lager, a packet of fags and a fish supper!
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

There's some old people on this forum!
No one can win against kipple.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Bag Lady wrote:There's some old people on this forum!
But still younger than The Stranglers.
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Paul wrote:absolute shite and not worth mentioning on a stranglers board I know.
apart from, it gives me a warm glow, knowing that my cissy workmate paid a whopping £70 for a ticket to see them at Man City's ground tonight, and that is the official going rate.
for £70, I have return rail travel, a concert ticket and overnight digs to see the stranglers at the Albert Hall. and still have change for a couple of pints at wetherspoons.

£70 though, :smt017
£70 I would never pay £70 to go to one gig, its far to much. I payed around about £45 for the Specials and thats enough for me.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Imagine paying £70 and the highlight is some old fat bloke singing "Wooaahhh Living on a praaaaaayer!" half a mile away whilst everyone holds their lighters in the air.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Paul
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Paul »

theraven1979 wrote:Imagine paying £70 and the highlight is some old fat bloke singing "Wooaahhh Living on a praaaaaayer!" half a mile away whilst everyone holds their lighters in the air.

Jim
That's exactly what I was thinking :smt023
....near the nearside window.....
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

ThruBeingCool wrote:I remember the days when a fiver would cover a Stranglers gig, a few pints of lager, a packet of fags and a fish supper!
You were lucky!!! We used to nick ciggies after tramps had finished them!!! :shock: :? :grin:

Good old Monty Python
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

ThruBeingCool wrote:I remember the days when a fiver would cover a Stranglers gig, a few pints of lager, a packet of fags and a fish supper!
First time I saw them it was £3 - Birmingham Top Rank , 1979 . Next time was extortionate - a whole 50p more at B'ham Odeon . Those were the days they'd have 3 or 4 nights at the same venue . Big venues too .
All quiet ..........
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

There are some old people on this forum!
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Jon the Impaler wrote:
First time I saw them it was £3 - Birmingham Top Rank , 1979 . Next time was extortionate - a whole 50p more at B'ham Odeon . Those were the days they'd have 3 or 4 nights at the same venue . Big venues too .
Think I paid over 4 quid to see 'em at The Rainbow in 1980 the money grabbing bastards!
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

Some people just expect their favourite bands to play for free, preferably on their birthday too, in their front room...