Most Overated band ever.

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Most Overated band ever.

Post by Alexinblack »

Having heard a few Beatles songs, I dont get it why so many people really like them. I see so many people wearing Beatles t shirt, and I would imagine that a number of them dont know half of the songs that they have done.

Which band is yours?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Most Overated band ever.

Post by theraven1979 »

Usual suspects really - Beatles, U2, Queen etc

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
kincajou
Rats Rally

Post by kincajou »

I never really got The Beatles either, but for me the most over-rated band ever is Led Zeppelin. Oh, and Pink Floyd.
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

I just think listening to a band such as the Beatles is the cool thing to do in a lot of peoples minds. However I see that as a load of rubbish.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Couldn't give a toss what people think of my music tastes, to be honest. I can't agree that the Beatles are overrated though, but what the hell.

Coldplay are a candidate, Razorlight, Pogues, Rolling Stones even, and Stone Roses of course, how a band can be worshipped for making one great album is weird for me.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Bobinblack wrote:Couldn't give a toss what people think of my music tastes, to be honest. I can't agree that the Beatles are overrated though, but what the hell.

Coldplay are a candidate, Razorlight, Pogues, Rolling Stones even, and Stone Roses of course, how a band can be worshipped for making one great album is weird for me.
Although I do like some of the Stone Roses stuff I agree with you, I suppose they are one of the leaders of there genre really, similar to the Sex Pistols although God Save then Queen and Anarchy were very big songs back then.
yesican
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by yesican »

U2.
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

The Rolling Stones.
Bar band done good.

Coldplay.
Lift music.

Oh, so many. Too many to list.
ManInBrown
fourth horseman
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by fourth horseman »

It's quite trendy not to like the likes of U2, Coldplay, The Beatles, Roling Stones et al these days. Quite a lot of people slag 'em off because there all so big in the public eye and not really anything special and every time there's a slight bit of news on them the media jump all over it and brown nose them big time - which makes them easy targets.

I don't like any of the bands mentioned above apart from the beatles, but slagging all of the above off has sort of become a parody of itself now. I say just leave people to it, it's not worth the time
Shove it up yer bollocks then!
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

For the record, I like the Stones BUT I've never liked Jagger's voice, I don't mind them being a glorified covers band in the early days, they were better at it than the Beatles for one thing :grin: I like most of U2's stuff right from the early days, I like Coldplay's first album and I love the Stone Roses'. And i bloody love the Beatles but am not over keen on Lennon's solo stuff despite him being worshipped (because ELYWYD :P )
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

I remember my local radio station playing nothing but the Beatles for two hours years ago, really brought it home to me how many great songs they wrote, but I find that it's not the kind of stuff I want to listen to at times, cos it's a bit lacking in balls. A great band but it's not their fault the media never shuts up about them.

As for the Stone Roses, their b sides and non album singles amount to a pretty great 'album' aswell as the first LP and some of the second album being great. Fantastic band.

I've never understood the mass appeal of people like Van Morrison, Springsteen and Elvis Costello. Oh and Jimi Hendrix.
Last edited by Five Minutes on 02 Jun 2013, 18:08, edited 1 time in total.
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
beebop
Rats Rally

Post by beebop »

Bananarama ....