XTC... Science Friction.

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: XTC... Science Friction.

Post by Burn e 77 »

Rockula wrote:I'm a complete obsessive. All the releases, solo work, guest appearances with other bands, cover versions...

(Bit like my obsession with The Stranglers actually. :) )

''Got to play all my favourite 45's stacked up high..''
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkd-PaVjmhw
Me too, plus the RUTS... and of course the MIB :wink:
Burn e 77
Something better change!
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by elvisintheclouds »

Burn e 77 wrote:Always liked XTC, plus their psychedelic alter ego's Dukes Of Stratosphear... the first 'New Wave' single I ever bought in 1977 was a 12" copy of their '3D EP'
Science Friction was a top tune then (still is, in my opinion) and their album "Drums and Wires" combined many styles including Pop, Punk, New Wave & Dub...
The 7" single given away free with this LP included psychedelic influences all mashed up with truly manic keyboards / piano (as did the LP as a whole)
a classic album IMHO at the time (1979)... and still to this day.

Anyone share a taste for "XTC/Dukes Of Stratosphear"
Science Friction, Statue Of Liberty, This Is Pop, Living Through Another Cuba, Sgt Rock or 25 o.Clock ???
Burn e 77
Good call Sir!
You are a man of impeccable taste 8)
Thank you very much
EiTC
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Some classic tunes from the Dukes. "You're My Drug" "Little Lighthouse" "25 O'Clock" all great, fun tunes.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

This is a good site!!! Pity we can't get a Stranglers equivalent going...

http://xtc4u.org/
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Dom P wrote:This is a good site!!! Pity we can't get a Stranglers equivalent going...

http://xtc4u.org/
EXCellent, thanks Dom :wink:
Burn e 77
Something better change!
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

elvisintheclouds wrote:
Burn e 77 wrote:Always liked XTC, plus their psychedelic alter ego's Dukes Of Stratosphear... the first 'New Wave' single I ever bought in 1977 was a 12" copy of their '3D EP'
Science Friction was a top tune then (still is, in my opinion) and their album "Drums and Wires" combined many styles including Pop, Punk, New Wave & Dub...
The 7" single given away free with this LP included psychedelic influences all mashed up with truly manic keyboards / piano (as did the LP as a whole)
a classic album IMHO at the time (1979)... and still to this day.

Anyone share a taste for "XTC/Dukes Of Stratosphear"
Science Friction, Statue Of Liberty, This Is Pop, Living Through Another Cuba, Sgt Rock or 25 o.Clock ???
Burn e 77
Good call Sir!
You are a man of impeccable taste 8)
Thanks fella, hope all is cool in those cumulus clouds of yours, Mr Presley Sir. :wink:
Burn e 77
Something better change!
Retrocanary
Down In The Sewer

Post by Retrocanary »

In general I can't really rank my favourite bands, other than XTC who ARE without question my favourite band ever.
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Love the first three albums and even bits of Black Sea - got the 12" SF E.P. and most of their 7"s - last single I bought was double 7" Generals & Majors.

Didn't take to their latter releases.
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Loved their later releases. Apple Venus Volume 1 is one of my fave albums and is up there with the best of XTC's repertoire.
MULLY wrote:Love the first three albums and even bits of Black Sea - got the 12" SF E.P. and most of their 7"s - last single I bought was double 7" Generals & Majors.

Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

MULLY wrote:Love the first three albums and even bits of Black Sea - got the 12" SF E.P. and most of their 7"s - last single I bought was double 7" Generals & Majors.

Hi "Mully", the first three albums were indeed great, thought the track off Black Sea "Living Through Another Cuba" was a good tune too.
Burn e 77
PS. did you ever manage to get the "Science Friction 3D EP", as a 7" single?
Something better change!
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

Burn e 77 wrote:

Hi "Mully", the first three albums were indeed great, thought the track off Black Sea "Living Through Another Cuba" was a good tune too.
Burn e 77
The UK 7" version is supposedly worth thousands in mint with the sleeve but you can apparently get the Australian coloured vinyl 7" version for £150. Strange considering there were actually less of the Australian version pressed. Record collecting makes no sense.
ManInBrown
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Rockula wrote:
Burn e 77 wrote:

Burn e 77
The UK 7" version is supposedly worth thousands in mint with the sleeve but you can apparently get the Australian coloured vinyl 7" version for £150. Strange considering there were actually less of the Australian version pressed. Record collecting makes no sense.
That's interesting, thanks for the info "Rockula"
Burn e 77
Something better change!