Spear Of Destiny

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Spear Of Destiny

Post by Greatkudu »

I saw "Spear Of Destiny" last night in Winchester.Great gig Kirk Brandon has a great voice and the music was great to.Check them out.The only bad thing was It was full of giants,I'm "6 "2 tall but was dwarfed by lots of people.Maybe they were all from Norway.Spear are a class act have been a fan for years,but lost touch for a bit.And Kirk has been very ill or was very ill with heart trouble.You wouldn't have known It by the way he performed.Awesome.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Spear Of Destiny

Post by Bobinblack »

What old faves did they play?

Used to really like them but lost touch even though Kirky boy's got a good hardcore following.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Land of Shame,Mickey,world service,Never take me alive,Liberator,Strangers In our town,Soldier Soldier thats what I can recall and some songs from the last album.A great band,Its nice to take a break from The Stranglers and Hugh every so often.Spear have always been one of my favourites,the passion of Kirk Brandon is amazing.And there was a nice bit when he dedicated a song that they played to a bit of a reformed rogue called soapy,who was at the front.It was about him as well,really funny.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

They are OK, would say I think Theatre of Hate were better though 8)
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Spear of Destiny compared to Theatre of Hate is akin to comparing Aliens with Alien, and The Godfather to Godfather II, some people prefer the original (sin :P ) other prefer the sequel.

With the band, I prefer SoD but Alien is fcking miles better than all the rest :grin:
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Bobinblack wrote:Spear of Destiny compared to Theatre of Hate is akin to comparing Aliens with Alien, and The Godfather to Godfather II, some people prefer the original (sin :P ) other prefer the sequel.

With the band, I prefer SoD but Alien is fcking miles better than all the rest :grin:

If you say so, but I don't agree :lol: , I think it's a fair cop to compare a band who evolved out of another, you know the southern death cult and death cult were better than the cult ever were and I can say that. By the same token can you compare the stranglers without Hugh etc

Aliens is shit compared to Alien inmho too ;)
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Aliens is great, Alien just as good..Spear Of Destiny? 4' maybe 5 good songs. Sigourney Weaver changing into that space suit.....

Just made me mind up.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

TBC having a tug over Alien??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Hugh in Black
Rats Rally

Post by Hugh in Black »

Spear currently about half way in to their "30 Years and counting tour". Off to see 'em in Sheffield tonight. Any reports for earlier dates from Stranglers fans who've seen Kirk and the boys?
Hughie in Black
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Seeing them tomorrow in Leeds.
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Played in Crewe the other night, had summat else on though, might cheek them out one day.
Hugh in Black
Rats Rally

Post by Hugh in Black »

Please to report that Spear are at the top of their game. Brilliant set to a full house in Sheffield. Kirk's soldiering on despite a painful leg sprain. Here's few pickies...

Hughie in Black