THis Is PiL...

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

THis Is PiL...

Post by Burn e 77 »

This is PiL... Ltd Edn double 2 disc version with live DVD recorded on this years tour (London, Heaven Nightclub, April 2nd 2012)
Good humerous new Album... 1st track: This is PiL, kicks off with drum rhythms ripped off from "Meninblack" and then John's vocal... rips off "This is Radio Clash" complete
with Mick Jones / Joe Strummer yelps "OHH OHH OHH OHHHHH!" great piss take from Mr Lydon here... as long as you recognise they're just piss take references, then it's a good laugh... The DVD live gig performance will have you laughing along with his acerbic humour... great stuff... good band too! over 2 hours and 20 minutes of very British
humour... SEVEN SISTERS FINSBURY PARK, LONDON RAP INDEED!! If you like chilled atmospheric Dub type Drums (plenty of rim-shots) and Bass... with reverbed Guitar, Mandolin, Banjo and Sitar... with stacks of pedal work and slide too... you'll love it! The Original style Pil it ain't... music progresses..
Intelligent lyrics too... in reference to a black confederate soldier during the American Civil War... on the song: Out of the Woods.
cheers
Burn e 77
Something better change!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: THis Is PiL...

Post by theraven1979 »

Got the CD+DVD version the other week and it's not really doing much for me if truth be told. That said, Deeper Water, Human, The Room I Am In are all good.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

I like the album, not played the DVD yet, but it's more proof that I prefer PIL live, just a shame I've only seen em 3 times in total, once in the 80s and twice this decade :oops: Lydon's brilliant though imho.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

I think most of the best stuff was on the 12"
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Burn e 77 wrote:This is PiL... Intelligent lyrics too... cheers
Burn e 77
You having a laugh?
I thought he musthave recently come into posession of a Rhyming Dictionary, some shocking lyrics on there.
Some good groves though.
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

MiB81 wrote:
Burn e 77 wrote:This is PiL... Good Humerous, Great piss take references, Acerbic humour and Very British humour...
Burn e 77
You having a laugh?
I thought he musthave recently come into posession of a Rhyming Dictionary, some shocking lyrics on there.
Some good groves though.
Don't edit peoples quotes (read above)... No i'm not havin' a fuckin' laugh... read the Full quote... intelligent lyrics ONLY refers to the one song re: "Out of the Woods"
Something better change!
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Burn e 77 wrote:
MiB81 wrote:
Burn e 77 wrote:This is PiL... Good Humerous, Great piss take references, Acerbic humour and Very British humour...
Burn e 77
You having a laugh?
Some good groves though.
Don't edit peoples quotes (read above)... No i'm not havin' a fuckin' laugh... read the Full quote... intelligent lyrics ONLY refers to the one song re: "Out of the Woods"
I wasn't "editing your quotes", I was detailing which part of your post I was refering to. If the full quote is
"Intelligent lyrics too... in reference to a black confederate soldier during the American Civil War... on the song: Out of the Woods." but what you really meant was, "Only Out of the Woods has decent lyrics", then my advice would be for you not to write your post as if English is your 3rd language?
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

MiB81 wrote:
I wasn't "editing your quotes", I was detailing which part of your post I was refering to. If the full quote is
"Intelligent lyrics too... in reference to a black confederate soldier during the American Civil War... on the song: Out of the Woods." but what you really meant was, "Only Out of the Woods has decent lyrics", then my advice would be for you not to write your post as if English is your 3rd language?
Blimey :shock:

By the way, seeing as we seem to be having an impromptu English lesson, why is there a question mark at the end of your sentence about third language?

No need for sniping on this thread!
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Bobinblack wrote: No need for sniping on this thread!

I was only replying in kind.
Oh, and I hope you don't mind me editing your post to the salient point?
Lastly, if your still interested, I was using that erroneous question mark
to indicate that questioning inflection Aussies do, at the end of sentences.
I forget why now.

This is fun, is it always this much fun on the Stranglers' fans' forum?
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

yes.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

MiB81 wrote:
Burn e 77
You having a laugh?
Some good groves though.
My advice to you... learn how to spell the word "Grooves" correctly... before you send me anymore patronising remarks re: English as my 3rd language. u phuqin priq.
Burn e 77
Something better change!
Derbyducks in Black
Rats Rally

Post by Derbyducks in Black »

Burn e 77 wrote:
MiB81 wrote:
Burn e 77
You having a laugh?
Some good groves though.
My advice to you... learn how to spell the word "Grooves" correctly... before you send me anymore patronising remarks re: English as my 3rd language. u phuqin priq.
Burn e 77

funy that... i fort ee wuz takig abart "The Grove Concise Dictionary of Music" :o

Cheers
David
Anyone seen Sir Winkler...