COUNTDOWN TO DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL 2012

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: COUNTDOWN TO DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL 2012

Post by Alexinblack »

Would have liked to have seen a picture of pdge on their with his Stranglers shirt on.
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Alexinblack wrote:Would have liked to have seen a picture of pdge on their with his Stranglers shirt on.
He text-ed me to say... that security said to him... he can't come in unless he grows his hair to full metalized length :wink:
cheers
Burn e 77
Something better change!
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Well here's everyone favourite yearly review so i'll get to it

The day has finally arrived the San Fransisco metal gods are here once again,to the mother of all metal festivals Donnington monsters of rock festival, or laterley known as Download festival for the last 10 years. This is my 2nd Download festival first being 2006 with one of the best gigs ever when the whole of "Master of Puppets" was played in full from start to finish one of the best gigs ever. This time round the lads in Metallica are on their multi, multi,multi,multi,multi platinum "Black album" european jaunt 21 years after it's official release. This gig takes me up to 12 Metallica gigs in total. With rumours the gig never took place due to the metalli plane not being able to land for 3 hours on friday afternoon,they finally found a landing opportunity.

It's an all mud fest this year with metalheadz in wellington boots (not me mind, i went in trusty dms cos i is ard),a dreadfull line up is for Saturdays bill aswell acts ive never heard of before and they are truley dreadfull, i catch the end of Black veil brides i mean seriously this is a metal fest can download please try and be more adventrous god help the future of heavy metal!!!! they are worse than the used & thats saying something!!!. Biffy Clyro? and Tenancious D!, I take a trip over to the pepsi stage to watch Anti no where league though, animal is in fine form as always. The usual trip to the merchandise stall for the tshirts, have to say the designs are a dissapointment this year,needless to say i buy two.

Make my way to the front at 8pm, getting stuck in the mud along the way. The times finally here and AC/DCs "Its a long way to the top" is blasting over the pa .... then the usual glourious Ennio Morricone's piece of music from the film the good the bad and the ugly with the scene from the film which has 100,000 metallica fans singing along in harmony. The momments arrived a little dane known as Lars Ulrich burts on to his drum stool with a drink in hand which he later throws into the crowd the screen shows him showing "C'MON LETS BE HAVING YOU FUCKERS" , a further even louder raw is when Mr james Hetfield himself with explorer followed by Kirk hammet and bassist Rob Truillgio Hetfield belllows "METALLICA IS WITH YOU" crowd cheer "ARE YOU WITH METALLICA???" crowd cheer "ARE YOU WITH METALLICA??" crowd cheer even louder "RIFFF" the band launch into "Hit the lights" the first song from "Kill em all" "Ohh YEAHHH NO LIFE TILL LEATHER WERE GONNA KICK YOUR ASS TONIGHT" as indeed they do have the metal maddness the legendary "Master of puppets" is up next with the crowd taking over with "come crawling faster, obey your master, your life burns faster obey your master master,Master of puppets im pulling your strings twisting your mind and smashing your dreams, blinded by me you can't see a thing,just call my name cos i'll hear you scream MASTER, MASTER"

Up next is a treat "The four horsemen" not been played since Wembley stadium 2007 moshpits are forming everwhere i join in one near us. Next up is "Hell and back" from the recentley released "beyoned magnetic" ep which is a decent enough song but id of much preferd "just a bullet away", "For whom the bells toll" follows then Metallica go offstage. A piece of film is shown from their dvd "a year and a half in the life of metallica" The album is to be played from end to start as the piece of footage plays the start of soliders marching sort of drumbeat from Lars then a mass piece of guitar feedback,again Ulrich rises to his kit,with drumsticks as an extension to his knob like,and is pretending to wank,hetfield emmerges once again with satan sign and a face like he is about to commite murder.

"The Struggle within" opening riff starts "Reaching out for something you got to feel, but clutching onto what you thought was real,kicking at a deadhorse pleases you,but no way of showing your gratitude,so many things you dont want to do but what is it you got to loose, what the hell, what is it you think your gonna find? hypocrite boredom, pours into the boring mind,struggle within, it suits you fine, struggle within your ruined, struggle within you'l seal your own coffin,struggerling within" "My friend of missery" is up next my particular favourite song on the album "They say the empty can ratlles the most,the sound of your own voice comforts you,hearing only what you wanna hear and knowing only what you've heard,elesewhere in the song no one caring about these words you tell, my friend before your voice is gone, one mans fun is anothers hell". For the mid section of this song a split harmony is conducted with two oppoersite sides doing different parts my part was "Ohh, ohh wee ohh, to the other side which was "Wehh,ohh, Oh oh" which went on for quite a while.

Next up "The God that failed" "I hear faith in your eyes, never you hear the dicourging lies,broken in the promise betrayl the healing hand held back by the deepend nail" with a cool looking video backdrop of some graveyard. Queue lighters time the ballad that is "Nothing else matters" with the crowd singing along in unison through out. Next up up one of my favs on the album hetfield bellows "NEVER, EVER SAY NEVVVER" and "through the never" is played, the rest of the album flies by "Don't tred on me" sounds amazing "Of wolf and man", "The Unforgiven" "Hoiler than tho", "Sad but True" & "Enter Sandman". Metallica have done it again the band go offstage,the intro tape of "Battery" starts which starts off all headbanging again,follwed by the usual impressive pyro technics of "One" and finish of with "Seek and Destroy", its been a triumph return for Metallica at Donnington, despite the shitty weather they sign off with the usual "THANK YOU, WE LOVE YOU DONNINGTON YOU MAKE METALLICA FEEL GOOD" and everyone goes home happy.
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

I take a trip over to the pepsi stage to watch Anti no where league
:roll: :smt009 :smt009

Sad days indeed that Pepsi are helping the Anti Nowhere League - What has gone wrong with music festivals???? :oops: :oops: :oops:
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Hammersmith1982 wrote:

Sad days indeed that Pepsi are helping the Anti Nowhere League - What has gone wrong with music festivals???? :oops: :oops: :oops:

You think thats bad? I heard The Exploited went down a storm over at the Cinzano & Pimms Tent.
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

MiB81 wrote:
Hammersmith1982 wrote:

You think thats bad? I heard The Exploited went down a storm over at the Cinzano & Pimms Tent.
:smt005 :smt005