10 Years since The People's Acoustic Faith Tour

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: 10 Years since The People's Acoustic Faith Tour

Post by gizzard »

I went to the Swindon gig which was put on by none other than Ice(Karen) who quite a few of you on here might know.
Great night is what was a kind of sports and social club.

No more than 50-60 there but it was great to see them in such a intimate building doing stripped down songs. I purchased through Paul's then website a live recording of it, might give it a spin after the reminder of this. :grin:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
stewie griffin
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by stewie griffin »

I commend Mr Spooner's efforts in trying to glean info about this tour as I had no idea it existed. I have been lurking these forums for a while. It would be great to hear the folks who attended these gigs opinions. And Mr Radley why do you always quote But that's just me. It seems you want Mr Roberts efforts for the band forgotten. And Cornwells may i add and from what i have read i thought you where a Cornwell fan is there some kind of hidden agenda here? I have extensively read a loan one minute and a Mt of post since joining and it it seems like you are like a chameleon a Hugh fan one minute and a Mk4 fan the next. Very odd indeed. I hope i dont get banned for voicing my opinion but it seems that happens here a lot.
Sancho Panza
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Sancho Panza »

stewie griffin wrote:I commend Mr Spooner's efforts in trying to glean info about this tour as I had no idea it existed. I have been lurking these forums for a while. It would be great to hear the folks who attended these gigs opinions. And Mr Radley why do you always quote But that's just me. It seems you want Mr Roberts efforts for the band forgotten. And Cornwells may i add and from what i have read i thought you where a Cornwell fan is there some kind of hidden agenda here? I have extensively read a loan one minute and a Mt of post since joining and it it seems like you are like a chameleon a Hugh fan one minute and a Mk4 fan the next. Very odd indeed. I hope i dont get banned for voicing my opinion but it seems that happens here a lot.

What does it matter? it's his trainset. Come, go, exchange banter, read articles but please don't get riled or upset because someone has an alternative view.

Good Lord people, some of you seem to think theres an agenda going on, some people just didn't like Paul Roberts, but to be honest i think Jim is really quite balanced when assessing the different incarnations of the band.

It reminds me of The Peoples Popular Front of Judea sometimes (fackin Splitters!), but that's just me. :smile:
Don Baterista
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

MULLY wrote:Personally, I was unaware of these gigs ( :oops: ) - I had just refound the band after a 10 year sabbatical from seeing them live - still kept the 'faith' by buying the records - but in 2001 they returned to Belfast and the bug was re-awakened.

Please recount for the uninformed, as I for one would be interested....

Secunded.
I read the title "10 years since...." and thought, WTF is that about?
Then today I noticed it again cos it had run to 4 pages and I thought,
I'd better check out what all the fuss is about.

I didn't realise it'd be 3 pages of handbags.

From the scant actual info supplied so far it could be an interesting wee
thread, one day.

I'm just hoping the next 4 pages are actually about the tour, cos, as I said,
that actually does sound worth reading about.

:smt069
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
HamsterInBlack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by HamsterInBlack »

Seconded?

Thirded?

Fourthed?? :?

Well anyway, I too would be very interested to hear about this 'people's tour', because I know almost nothing about it. :smile:
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

Happy Days ... Went to quite a few of these gigs, inc The Fleece which Barry organised. Its 10 years ago today (20.03.2002) that Paul & Baz performed in someone's basement in Darlington to about 7 people on the afternoon, and then onto The Ropery in Sunderland to do a sold-out gig on the evening. The patter between Paul & Baz was great, and music very well received. All gigs were recorded and sold thro Pauls site, I have the Darlington one somewhere.
As I said, happy days ....... and sorely missed :oops: :oops: Ever wish you could turn the clock back knowing what happened a few years down the line :roll: :roll: :roll:
Sword sparkle
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Sword sparkle »

An interesting thread when it stays on the Faith tour topic. I had never heard of this tour and it sounds like it was a good experience for most.

I hate to say it but I agree with Barry on this one that one of the good things about this forum is the multiplicity of threads on it.

So the person that organised the gig had to arrange a venue and spread the word on it??
Yarp.
When I say ugly I don't mean rough looking I mean hideoussssss
leskei
Rats Rally

Post by leskei »

Homer wrote:Happy Days ... Went to quite a few of these gigs, inc The Fleece which Barry organised. Its 10 years ago today (20.03.2002) that Paul & Baz performed in someone's basement in Darlington to about 7 people on the afternoon, and then onto The Ropery in Sunderland to do a sold-out gig on the evening. The patter between Paul & Baz was great, and music very well received. All gigs were recorded and sold thro Pauls site, I have the Darlington one somewhere.
As I said, happy days ....... and sorely missed :oops: :oops: Ever wish you could turn the clock back knowing what happened a few years down the line :roll: :roll: :roll:
phil , where ya been not seen you in ages , might we see you in newcastle on thurs
keith
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Perhaps one or two of those cds can be uploaded in the links to things thread?

Makes a nice change from the same old mk 1 stuff :shock: 8) :grin:
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

evonx wrote:Perhaps one or two of those cds can be uploaded in the links to things thread?

Makes a nice change from the same old mk 1 stuff :shock: 8) :grin:
Best to Contact PR for stuff like that ... after all, they were official releases that he sold.