ThruBeingCool wrote:77 views so far.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: 10 Years since The People's Acoustic Faith Tour

Post by ThruBeingCool »

theraven1979 wrote:That's you wanking over your own posts.

Jim
Well, they are good I admit it.
leskei
Rats Rally

Post by leskei »

ThruBeingCool wrote:Anyone go? I know that some of you on here were involved with the gigs. Great days!

For those who don't know what the fuck I'm on about here goes. At the end of 2001 Paul Roberts wanted to go on the road to promote some of his solo stuff with Baz Warne also in tow and occasionally Richard Naiff from The Waterboys on keyboards. Instead of touring via the normal channels fans who were up for it were given the opportunity to organise their own gigs for them. Yup, I was one of the volunteers!

In March 2002 the tour finally hit the road and I'm sure all of those fans who witnessed these gigs have some great memories. I will add more to this thread when I get the time (in particular piccies from the Golden Fleece gigs)
wrapped up in the middle of a tour at the mo barry but have some great memories of these gigs and also baz solo at the golden fleece great times :smile: :smt006
BazinBlack
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by BazinBlack »

ThruBeingCool wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:That's you wanking over your own posts.

Jim
Well, they are good I admit it.
Yeah shame I'm gonna miss them, this forum is turning into a joke when you can't mention Paul Roberts any more, I know he didn't fit in with everyone and everyone is entitled to their opinion but as I said this started out as a thread about TBC taking a trip down memory lane and you Jim just shot him down in flames for no other reason that he mentioned Paul Roberts. This is your forum Jim and if you don't want things being said about him well its your rules, but I thought this was a forum about The Stranglers and all things related, I was wrong and this thread proves that.

See ya,

:smt006
Strolling along minding my own business.....
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

You were my first customer Keith! :smt006

Can't believe I've known you for 10 years let alone anything else. Very fond memories of those nights with Paul Roberts/Faith Band/Baz Warne at The Golden Fleece.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Bazinblack ......respect dude!
manticore
Ugly
Ugly

Post by manticore »

last saturday was the 10th anniversary of paul & baz's show at the invernairn hotel in the town of nairn,a few miles along the road from inverness.it was a brilliant night and from what i've heard/read about over the years,it was considered the best night of the tour.there was a small amount of people at the gig.i think more had travelled from england,glasgow,holland than were actual locals.didnt have the interenet then and as the stranglers didnt seem to get any publicity then it was the first time i even saw what baz looked like.they worked brilliantly together and with the audiance getting involved the show was probably the funniest gig i've ever been to.there was a load of stuff done from pauls solo albums and a few stranglers things.they both wore kilts and there was amusing banter about that.all the gigs on this tour were recorded and cds were avaiable of them.i got all the scottish shows and the aylsebury one where steve hogarth from marillion joined them for a song or two.
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Hang on a minute. Joking aside between me and Spooner I think you're taking this a bit too seriously. I had no intention of deleting or locking this thread - never crossed my mind for a second. Also, I never said you can't mention Paul Roberts - that would be ridiculous. I just thought that a thread such as this would probably be more deserving of an appearance not in the middle of a UK tour. That said, looking at some of the decent posts on this thread I'm proved wrong.

Jim
BazinBlack wrote:
Yeah shame I'm gonna miss them, this forum is turning into a joke when you can't mention Paul Roberts any more, I know he didn't fit in with everyone and everyone is entitled to their opinion but as I said this started out as a thread about TBC taking a trip down memory lane and you Jim just shot him down in flames for no other reason that he mentioned Paul Roberts. This is your forum Jim and if you don't want things being said about him well its your rules, but I thought this was a forum about The Stranglers and all things related, I was wrong and this thread proves that.

See ya,

:smt006
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Derbyducks in Black
Rats Rally

Post by Derbyducks in Black »

theraven1979 wrote:I love it how you think someone's gonna read this.

Jim
ThruBeingCool wrote:Tell ya what Jim ..why not delete all the replies and just leave my original post. It's late and not many people will have read this so I'm giving you the opportunity to do yourself a favour. That way you won't look such a prick in the morning once the masses get wind of your censorshit. :idea: :smt006
ohhh.. it's all paul this..and paul that.. why don't you effin' just shut up....!!! and.. Mike Skinner says.. HIS future now lies in making films.. and no i don't know what this has got to do with anything.. you'll all have to read G2 to find out the answers..

Cheers
David
Anyone seen Sir Winkler...
Sancho Panza
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Sancho Panza »

7 years on and the fella still generates passionate debate, no middle ground with our Paul. he is Mr Marmite himself.
Don Baterista
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Personally, I was unaware of these gigs ( :oops: ) - I had just refound the band after a 10 year sabbatical from seeing them live - still kept the 'faith' by buying the records - but in 2001 they returned to Belfast and the bug was re-awakened.

Please recount for the uninformed, as I for one would be interested....
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better