KT Tunstall, "The Stranglers & a Kangaroo?"

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Red Eye Ray
VERSATRAN SERIES F

KT Tunstall, "The Stranglers & a Kangaroo?"

Post by Red Eye Ray »

Bit late with this but what the hell,i was off to see KT Tunstall at the Arches in Glasgow on Sunday night (13th) with the good lady in tow.It was the last night of her solo acoustic tour and we were looking forward to the gig.
Anyway, a few numbers into her set and she was talking about so called Rock'n'Roll Myths and legendary tales of Rock'n'Roll shenanigans,so i was expecting some mad story from a Rolling Stones tour or The Who or even Led Zeppelin,Guns & Roses or the like,but to my surprise she asked the crowd if they know The Stranglers! Being Glasgow there was a response from the packed crowd so she proceeded to tell the following story of what she said was from a reliable source.
" The Stranglers were on tour in Australia way back and were travelling in their tour bus through the outback and suddenly the bus knocked down a Kangaroo on the road.The bus stopped,The Stranglers & road crew got out,they were well oiled with booze apparently, :roll: and felt really saddened at hitting the poor unfortunate animal they proceeded to take the dead animal (or so they thought!) onboard the bus and started taking photos of themselves sitting with the poor thing as if it was one of their crew.They even decided to put a Stranglers T shirt on it to,when suddenly the Kangaroo sprung to life :shock: (it was only stunned!) and duly sprang out the door of the bus and into the wilderness!" A Kangaroo wearing a Stranglers T shirt roaming the Australian outback,is this just a myth or did it really happen? I don't know which Australian Tour it was,but it was a nice wee story i thought anyway, so nice one KT! 8)
P.S. The gig was excellent to, by the way.
AT THE END OF THE DAY.........ITS NIGHT!!
scotticusnorvegicus
Rats Rally

Re: KT Tunstall, "The Stranglers & a Kangaroo?"

Post by scotticusnorvegicus »

That's f*ckin class !!! What a story if it's true. Could only happen to The Stranglers.
We are very excited to be here in A ------me----ri--- ca.
doninblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by doninblack »

Red Eye Ray wrote:Bit late with this but what the hell,i was off to see KT Tunstall at the Arches in Glasgow on Sunday night (13th) with the good lady in tow.It was the last night of her solo acoustic tour and we were looking forward to the gig.
Anyway, a few numbers into her set and she was talking about so called Rock'n'Roll Myths and legendary tales of Rock'n'Roll shenanigans,so i was expecting some mad story from a Rolling Stones tour or The Who or even Led Zeppelin,Guns & Roses or the like,but to my surprise she asked the crowd if they know The Stranglers! Being Glasgow there was a response from the packed crowd so she proceeded to tell the following story of what she said was from a reliable source.
" The Stranglers were on tour in Australia way back and were travelling in their tour bus through the outback and suddenly the bus knocked down a Kangaroo on the road.The bus stopped,The Stranglers & road crew got out,they were well oiled with booze apparently, :roll: and felt really saddened at hitting the poor unfortunate animal they proceeded to take the dead animal (or so they thought!) onboard the bus and started taking photos of themselves sitting with the poor thing as if it was one of their crew.They even decided to put a Stranglers T shirt on it to,when suddenly the Kangaroo sprung to life :shock: (it was only stunned!) and duly sprang out the door of the bus and into the wilderness!" A Kangaroo wearing a Stranglers T shirt roaming the Australian outback,is this just a myth or did it really happen? I don't know which Australian Tour it was,but it was a nice wee story i thought anyway, so nice one KT! 8)
P.S. The gig was excellent to, by the way.
:grin: Nice one. KT is cool. 8)
Talking bullshit on a slow repeat.
Old Angus
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Old Angus »

I wouldn't swear to it, but something tells me that I've heard a similar story in the dim and distant past. It rings a bell, I could be mistaken though. :?
-------------------------------------------------------------
SEGONTIUM SEARCHERS

Genealogy & Local History Research Service

www.segontium.com
dan-electro
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dan-electro »

Great story!! :smt023 I would have thought Hugh or JJ would have told that story before now if it had happened. :smt017 That's comedy gold that story!! :lol: I might be wrong but I think the only time they toured there was in early 1979 and 1985. Just makes me instantly think of the 'Nuclear Device' picture sleeve. 8)
Hugh - "We had gangs of skinheads coming along trying to cause problems and stuff"
Rick Wakeman - "How did you deal with it?"
Hugh - "Our bass player used to jump off the stage and beat the shit out of them!"
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

I bet the kangaroo bores its mates to death telling this story :lol:
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Great story Ray, nice one! :lol:

Though, I must say, kinda reminiscent of Woody Allen's famous Moose story :wink:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

There's a great story the Australian rock band "Cold Chisel" once told at one of their London gigs back in the day... they said that once, while driving British N.M.E journalists
around the ozzie outback bush, they spotted a "roo" hopping around... and one of the British N.M.E journo's insisted on throwing a boomerang out of the vans open rear doors, to experience what an Aboriginal hunter might feel while hunting dinner (albeit in a van!)... anyway it was a good chuck, and the boomerang returned near the stationary van (With traces of blood on it)... when the occupants left the vehicle, to find the source of the blood on the boomerang... they found a very dazed "roo" in a Stranglers t.shirt!

The "roo" survived the attack dazed but unharmed, and a few minutes later hopped off back into the bush... BUT not before photographic evidence was taken by the N.M.E
photo journalist! these pictures can be seen in N.M.E issue 237, April 1st 1979. (Front cover picture of Lord Lucan's Punk daughter)
Last edited by Burn e 77 on 15 Nov 2011, 22:24, edited 1 time in total.
Something better change!
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

A question to ask the band this weekend Ray 8) And mind...we(got there first)! :smt005
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

APOLLO79 wrote:A question to ask the band this weekend Ray 8) And mind...we(got there first)! :smt005

"Bang! Goes another kanga, On the bonnet of the van"

MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Burn e 77 wrote:There's a great story the Australian rock band "Cold Chisel" once told at one of their London gigs back in the day... they said that once, while driving British N.M.E journalists
around the ozzie outback bush, they spotted a "roo" hopping around... and one of the British N.M.E journo's insisted on throwing a boomerang out of the vans open rear doors, to experience what an Aboriginal hunter might feel while hunting dinner (albeit in a van!)... anyway it was a good chuck, and the boomerang returned near the stationary van (With traces of blood on it)... when the occupants left the vehicle, to find the source of the blood on the boomerang... they found a very dazed "roo" in a Stranglers t.shirt!

The "roo" survived the attack dazed but unharmed, and a few minutes later hopped off back into the bush... BUT not before photographic evidence was taken by the N.M.E
photo journalist! these pictures can be seen in N.M.E issue 237, April 1st 1979. (Front cover picture of Lord Lucan's Punk daughter)
Too good to be true :lol: :lol:
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better