Moderator: StanInBlack

Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Luke Haines

Post by Five Minutes »

Really enjoying the new CD

'Who's got a dirty face then..' :mrgreen:
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

lol; "oos got a dirty face then" laughed Jimmy. My favoutite line on the album.

Five Minutes wrote:Really enjoying the new CD

'Who's got a dirty face then..' :mrgreen:
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Hugh in Black
Rats Rally

Post by Hugh in Black »

Hey - unbroken69....you'll like this. I recently interviewed the great man himself. Here's the link:

http://www.pennyblackmusic.co.uk/MagSit ... px?id=7088
Hughie in Black
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Cheers mate for the link, good work. Long time since I've seen you round our various mutual forums, i take it you've been busy.

Loving Rock and Roll Animals by the way and glad we won't have to wait too long for another collection of gens from Haines.

Hugh in Black wrote:Hey - unbroken69....you'll like this. I recently interviewed the great man himself. Here's the link:

http://www.pennyblackmusic.co.uk/MagSit ... px?id=7088
Hugh in Black
Rats Rally

Post by Hugh in Black »

Cheers mate. Yeah, been a busy one recently. You know how it is - it goes in fits and spurts. Really enjoyed interviewing Luke. Shame he doesn't do more gigs. He rarely comes up North. Really want to see the film about him too.
Hughie in Black
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

I haven't seen the film yet either but regularly correspond with the maker of it Niall McCann, he had hoped to release it on DVD around the same time as the Haines album but was preoccupied with another project. He told me he would send me a copy so I must remind him. The film was funded in 2008 so much of the footage is getting a bit dated now, which highlights the problem of trying to get a low budget documentary out there.

I've been told though by a few that it's more than a very competent piece of film-making.
Hugh in Black wrote:Cheers mate. Yeah, been a busy one recently. You know how it is - it goes in fits and spurts. Really enjoyed interviewing Luke. Shame he doesn't do more gigs. He rarely comes up North. Really want to see the film about him too.
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

luke haines @LukeHaines_News

Painting to The Euroman Cometh. What a fantastic and dubious record. #paintingmusic
2:26 PM - 15 Jan 2014
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Yes I saw that tweet, he rates that album very highly. I always see similarities bewteen Euroman Cometh and Haines's Baader Meinhoff, which icidentally is re-released this month for the first time since the original pressing in 1996, as a remastered pressing with extra tracks. The Auteurs albums are also getting a similar re-release some with extra discs.

On a sadder note Luke's playing Madrid tonight but I can't go, pot noodle and a wank for me.
Five Minutes wrote:luke haines @LukeHaines_News

Painting to The Euroman Cometh. What a fantastic and dubious record. #paintingmusic
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Luke Haines new album "New York In The 70's" out today May 26th.

http://www.cherryred.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=4615
T.F.P.R.H.G
Rats Rally

Post by T.F.P.R.H.G »

unbroken69 wrote:Yes I saw that tweet, he rates that album very highly. I always see similarities bewteen Euroman Cometh and Haines's Baader Meinhoff, which icidentally is re-released this month for the first time since the original pressing in 1996, as a remastered pressing with extra tracks. The Auteurs albums are also getting a similar re-release some with extra discs.

On a sadder note Luke's playing Madrid tonight but I can't go, pot noodle and a wank for me.
Five Minutes wrote:luke haines @LukeHaines_News

one of them for me and i hate pot noodle
Saidagibb !
dennirusking
Down In The Sewer

Post by dennirusking »

unbroken69 wrote:Luke Haines new album "New York In The 70's" out today May 26th.

http://www.cherryred.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=4615
Luke Haines seems very interesting (I'd not heard of him before now). I watched a few things by him and by Black Box Recorder on You Tube and I was impressed. It's not all good but he's undeniably an interesting character.