The Damned Favourite Track

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

TWO SUNSPOTS
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: The Damned Favourite Track

Post by TWO SUNSPOTS »

EckyEckyNahNah wrote:I love The Damned. I haven't got much in the way of albums apart from Best of and Anything, but I have to say my favourite track of mine has to be Eloise the 12" version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SHzr5MwFPU
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Only joking, a great track but for me not one of "their" best.

I think that, like The Stranglers, they have such a great catalogue that it is so difficult to choose just one track..

If i really had to pick one then (i think) it would be Generals, or Plan 9 Channel 7, or Smash It Up, or Ignite, or..............

Spoil yourself and buy Machine Gun Etiquette, The Black Album, Strawberries & Grave Disorder...All in my opinion far superior to Anything.
Freedom, there ain't no f**king freedom!!!!
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Wait for the blackout or anti-pope probably, s and ome of Captain Sensible solo would be up there like 'what do you give the man who's got everything', but I couldn't say for sure. I like the damned, but they aren't in my top ten shall we say.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Curtain Call for me :smt004
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

I have everything they've ever released and couldn't possibly give you a definitive favourite track.

I'd put the 'Strawberries' album as my favourite but I couldn't even say what my favourite track on it is.

I can say that Anything is, without doubt, my least favourite album and Eloise is my least favourite single. But I still like them. :)
ManInBrown
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

Got into them with Smash It Up, and then got a cheapo copy of Phantasmagoria. Black Album is my favourite album of theirs but a favourite track is tricky.
Probably one out of Smash It Up, Lively Arts, There'll Come A Day, Disco Man, Limit Club and Dozen Girls. Maybe even Amen. oh who knows? There are too many good tracks.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
davidcassell
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by davidcassell »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:Curtain Call for me :smt004
And me, very definitely. Love Song is good too, but that's also about fond memories of buying it for the different picture sleeves. Don't Cry Wolf too was good as was Just Can't be Happy, but Curtain Call is the best one for me.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Curtain Call, Neat Neat Neat, New Rose, Smash It Up, Love Song, Just Can't Be..., Problem Child, all are absolute belters, as is Eloise even though it's a cover.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

At a push it has to be Plan 9 Channel 7.

The following bunch in no particular order come close - Anti-Pope, New Rose, Love Song, Under The Floor Again, Stranger On The Town, Thanks For The Night, Wait For The Blackout, Lively Arts, Rabid(Over You), Ignite, 13th Floor Vendetta, Sanctum Sanctorum, Anything, and more recently Under The Wheels and Dr. Woofenstein.
8)
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I really like Street of Dreams and Shadow of Love from the Phantasmagoria album. Love the bass and guitars on Street of Dreams its very Stranglerish.
Stranglers69
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Stranglers69 »

Has to be New Rose if only for everything that came after....
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Just so much to go at - All of Strawberries :lol: , Noise Noise Noise, Plan 9 Channel 7, most of the Black Album (used to love Curtain Call but it goes on a bit :lol: ). The 2 Radio 1 session albums are well worth checking out. Phantasmagoria (great even without Cap - although I believe he wrote some of the songs) More modern stuff, Diamonds, Amen.

Sensible has done some corking stuff as well - the whole of Meathead, Croydon, More Snakes Than Ladders, I Can't Stand It, Strawberry Dross, Neverland, Back To School, that live album he did was brilliant.

Shit loads more that I've forgotten - Just an amazing band

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Manc In Black
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Manc In Black »

on on on on
Established 11 September 1974