The Damned Favourite Track

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

doninblack
The Raven
The Raven

Re: The Damned Favourite Track

Post by doninblack »

New Rose or Neat Neat Neat. Punk classics. 8)
Talking bullshit on a slow repeat.
paulwilko
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by paulwilko »

The Black album is one of the best records I've ever heard, so I go with Curtain Call
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

I Just Can't Be Happy Today
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160605937000

Never knew the Damned covered Hong Kong Garden live.
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

vanian wrote:
Burn e 77 wrote:
vanian wrote:thats the problem with MFP - the production was beyond tinny and some of the songs, stretcher case and dont cry wolf really suffered from it - regarding the Phantasmagoria time and Jugg etc - all i will say is that the band were on their arse (to quote a recent thread) and that LP along with the Young Ones (Nasty) and Anything LP really kept them going to where they are still around now, and on that - for me Grave Disorder and So Who Is Paranoid? pretty much mirror the Mibs NC and ST16 regarding rebirth etc. I am off to see them here in the states in Oct for their annual Halloween tour and I cant wait :grin: and it begs the question if they can make a USA tour pay (and be VERY well attended) why cant the MIB?-
I guess the Damned must be "Big In America" !!!
Burn e 77
:grin: - nope they have just taken the view that they can get some good crowds here and aside of a disastorous tour with Rob Zombie a few years ago they get good crowds
You're lucky they visit your shores so often....... and I've seen the DVD of the gig with Vanian in Dracula costume....... Top Mustard... as we Limeys say! i love em.
Burn e 77
Something better change!
Yukio!
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Yukio! »

Plan 9 Channel 7. Great track!
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

jason wrote:I really like Street of Dreams and Shadow of Love from the Phantasmagoria album. Love the bass and guitars on Street of Dreams its very Stranglerish.

Totally agree with that. Definitely my favourite Damned album
rotten thoughts
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

theraven1979 wrote:Just so much to go at - All of Strawberries :lol: , Noise Noise Noise, Plan 9 Channel 7, most of the Black Album (used to love Curtain Call but it goes on a bit :lol: ). The 2 Radio 1 session albums are well worth checking out. Phantasmagoria (great even without Cap - although I believe he wrote some of the songs) More modern stuff, Diamonds, Amen.

Sensible has done some corking stuff as well - the whole of Meathead, Croydon, More Snakes Than Ladders, I Can't Stand It, Strawberry Dross, Neverland, Back To School, that live album he did was brilliant.

Shit loads more that I've forgotten - Just an amazing band

Jim
Agree with Jim on all of the above..saw them @ Dingwalls 10 years ago.....amazing gig....shouted Sensible's a wanker for 90 mins...Grave Disorder set list. The Black Album is a masterpiece end of. :idea: :smt006 :shock: 8) :wink:
hoopinblack
Rats Rally

Post by hoopinblack »

vanian wrote:Plan 9 Channel 7 - from one of the best LPS of all time 8) 8) 8)

well said that man,MGE is one of the best albums made.
Red Eye Ray
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Red Eye Ray »

It's a hard call to define a Damned favourite,the MGE album is probably my all time favourite with Strawberries and Black Album close behind.I agree totally that the last 2 Damned offerings were in the same league as the last 2 Strangs albums in getting them back in the limelight.
Dr Jeckyl & Mr Hyde and Plan 9 can't go wrong for me,then again Thanks For The Night and Don't Cry Wolf,and then there's........ :roll:

"No More Stranglers Dressed In Black" I Believe it's impossible to nail an all time fave for me! :smt017 :smt102 :smt100 :smt021
AT THE END OF THE DAY.........ITS NIGHT!!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Isn't JJ a massive fan of Phantasmagoria? Pretty sure it was in his Top 10 albums of all time.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Disco man for me