Killing Joke on getting The Stranglers back together

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Damian
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Killing Joke on getting The Stranglers back together

Post by Damian »

Anyway how do we know that Baz is not really Hugh in Disguise and has been back with the band since 2000 !

I mean has anyone ever seen Baz and Hugh together?

Very suspicious :x :x
Blackbeered
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Blackbeered »

Rodney Blackstaff wrote:
pigeon wrote:Killing Joke made famous by the kings of metal covering there only song better than they done it themselves.

Pidge!!!

It's a good job I fucking like you :smile:

Rodders :smt006
It's the only way he gets away with most of what he says Rodders :lol:
Bring me a piece of my mummy, she was quite close to me........
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

There you go. I was at that gig at the front barrier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FizVLHYUGIE
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

ravenlunatic wrote:
People seem to think because someone is in a band they are like blood brothers or family, but in fact its a job just like being a bricklayer or a welder, and they all have different interests and personalities and are simply brought together by circumstance in the same way we all are when we go to work.
The members of The Stranglers have said many times that they are totally different personalities, 4 poles if you like, that came together by strange coincidence to create something.
Getting the formula right for a band involves a bit more than treating it like any other job in my opinion . I think being in a band is different to most jobs, many out there describe it as 'the best job in the world' including Geordie Walker who said that in an interview I read recently. So I disagree that it's a job like any other, a job yes but not like most other jobs.
pigeon wrote:Killing Joke made famous by the kings of metal covering there only song better than they done it themselves.
You What :?: :?: It's a shite version, sounds like someone who just doesn't get it I mean Metallica that is, they crucify a great song and don't get me wrong I like some of Metallica's stuff to a point but they certainly don't improve on the original not by a long shot
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

theraven1979 wrote:I've always been of the opinion that if they did get back together then fair enough. I just have this nagging doubt in the back of my mind that it would be shite. Too much to live up to IMO. I also think Hugh's and the Stranglers styles/outlooks are far apart these days as well.

Jim

And there is the slight problem of a chap called Baz Warne , who may very well not want to give up his position . Much as I love M1 Stranglers material for the most part - Hugh left , Baz has not left .
All quiet ..........
Détective Privé
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Détective Privé »

Damian wrote:Anyway how do we know that Baz is not really Hugh in Disguise and has been back with the band since 2000 !
I mean has anyone ever seen Baz and Hugh together?
Very suspicious :x :x
:lol: :lol:
You're my incurable malady
I miss the pleasure of your company
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

pigeon wrote:There you go. I was at that gig at the front barrier

What a load of shite...bunch of cnuts. :roll:
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Cells&Plasma wrote:
pigeon wrote:There you go. I was at that gig at the front barrier

What a load of shite...bunch of cnuts. :roll:
Fair play - the acoustics for that clip ain't brilliant, but it is not in the same league as the original KJ version.

Not a big Metallica fan (by any means - 'Enter Sandman' probably being the only toon I can stick thru'!!) but kudos to the choice of cover versions they do play. I quite like the idea of a band playing covers of tracks they like, their influences, etc... especially as encores.

Just don't let The Stranglers start it though!!
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

MULLY wrote:Not a big Metallica fan (by any means - 'Enter Sandman' probably being the only toon I can stick thru'!!) but kudos to the choice of cover versions they do play. I quite like the idea of a band playing covers of tracks they like, their influences, etc... especially as encores.

Just don't let The Stranglers start it though!!
Agreed! Hugh has been threatening to do a covers album, can't say that's a prospect which excites me, with the excpetion of the sisters of mercy most bands doing covers is a waste of time for me.