smalltown heroes tour

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

manticore
Ugly
Ugly

smalltown heroes tour

Post by manticore »

theres no mention of the smalltown heroes on the king tuts site(the glasgow show)so i phoned them and it turns out they are the support for a led zepplin tribute band. a bit dissapointing as i'd far rather see them headline a show on their own,but i suppose it means you can get home early.and its only £5.
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran
sandyinblack
Rats Rally

Re: smalltown heroes tour

Post by sandyinblack »

Yeah its a bit dissapointing that they are supporting. And to a tribute act as well. I'm sure that they could have found somewhere in Glasgow that they could have played as a headline.
However, I'm gonna go along anyway. It'll be funny to go to a gig just for the support though.
I'm sure that they'll be a good amount of people going along to support Baz.
Punk could be the first step towards Utpoia
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

Yep,they could've easily got MacSorleys or similar type of pub setting. :?
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
manticore
Ugly
Ugly

Post by manticore »

manticore wrote:theres no mention of the smalltown heroes on the king tuts site(the glasgow show)so i phoned them and it turns out they are the support for a led zepplin tribute band. a bit dissapointing as i'd far rather see them headline a show on their own,but i suppose it means you can get home early.and its only £5.
after the postage and that handling charge cobblers,its turned out to be £9.20. still fairly cheap.
manticore
Ugly
Ugly

Post by manticore »

sandyinblack wrote:Yeah its a bit dissapointing that they are supporting. And to a tribute act as well. I'm sure that they could have found somewhere in Glasgow that they could have played as a headline.
However, I'm gonna go along anyway. It'll be funny to go to a gig just for the support though.
would be rather amusing if it was mostly stranglers fans and when the s.t. heroes were finished we all buggered off home leaving the headliners with a couple of their own fans left. :mrgreen:
Gene Regulation
Rats Rally

Post by Gene Regulation »

manticore wrote:
sandyinblack wrote:Yeah its a bit dissapointing that they are supporting. And to a tribute act as well. I'm sure that they could have found somewhere in Glasgow that they could have played as a headline.
would be rather amusing if it was mostly stranglers fans and when the s.t. heroes were finished we all buggered off home leaving the headliners with a couple of their own fans left. :mrgreen:
Sure that happened to Magazine, in Glasgow, after Joy Division had finished their set.
TAFKA TrampinBlack
manticore
Ugly
Ugly

Post by manticore »

a week to go. anybody else going?
beebop
Rats Rally

Post by beebop »

Managed through Devious deeds to get time off for the Coventry Gig .... 1.1 miles down the road for me !
Red Eye Ray
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Red Eye Ray »

Mr Castle and my good self should be popping along to the Tuts gig,unless there is any last minute changes!
Apollo79, are you dragging yourself oot of the Laurie and making an appearance? :smt006
AT THE END OF THE DAY.........ITS NIGHT!!
shazzer
Rats Rally

Post by shazzer »

You little :smt077. Looking forward to :smt111 :smt030
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Would anyone be entertaing this band (or posting about 'em) if it weren't for Baz being in the line up :?:
Red Eye Ray
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Red Eye Ray »

Yeah, I liked em when i saw em supporting the MIB's in 90's! Bought their Human Soup album on the strenght of their performance!! So yeah, not because Baz is now a Strangler, but for the Smalltown Heroes music and live show as a band!! :smt035
AT THE END OF THE DAY.........ITS NIGHT!!