Iron Maiden fed up of making loadsamoney????

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Iron Maiden fed up of making loadsamoney????

Post by Jake »

Going through a bit of a Maiden phase for some unknown reason at the moment, but must confess I've been a fan almost as long asI have the stranglers in one way or another (for my sins).

Got say I agree with Bruce http://www.nme.com/news/iron-maiden/52294
Gig prices are too high these days! Iron Maiden gigs probably cost more than the stranglers though :smt005

Iron Maiden's new album is out on Monday they've been offering a free single track El Dorado(via http://ironmaiden.com) which I've only just been getting round to playing and paying a bit more interest as Bruce said in an interview it’s about the banking crisis. I haven't rushed out to buy any Maiden albums in a good while but did pick up Brave New World and Dance of Death some years back and am glad Bruce is back with Maiden, they still write some epics if a little formulaic and repetitive over the last 30 years, still Maiden never fail to entertain....

Up the Iron’s :lol:
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Re: Iron Maiden fed up of making loadsamoney????

Post by mickinblack »

Seen iron maiden many a time very very good live
Seen them here in Dublin about 2 weeks ago.
The tickets was 57 euro or 68 euro well over the top prices.
Most bands over charge for gigs now as no money in records so they make it up in live gigs this just the way its gonna be.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

nice one Mick, looked like they been good festival dates Maiden have been playing this summer. I was readong the other night that Maiden didn't play Ireland til something like 89-90, seems they been back a few times since though
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

was a big fan in the early days when Dianno was singer, still have the first two albums on vinyl :D but I really went off em when they got rid of PD and brought Dickinson in. I just didn't like the change in the sound or even BD's voice. Watched that Maiden film on BBC4 not long back, thought it was great but felt like I was missing the point, I still thni the first album's the best thing they've done by far. Weird eh?
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Bobinblack wrote:was a big fan in the early days when Dianno was singer, still have the first two albums on vinyl :D but I really went off em when they got rid of PD and brought Dickinson in. I just didn't like the change in the sound or even BD's voice. Watched that Maiden film on BBC4 not long back, thought it was great but felt like I was missing the point, I still thni the first album's the best thing they've done by far. Weird eh?

First two albums are the best no doubt about it, they were a diferent animal with Dianno, almost punk!!!! Dickinson's just way more different, a very theatrical performer, operatic even, but boy can he still move around like fuck on stage ;) and yeah Maiden did also change the sound a lot since Paul left, incidently Paul Dianno's website is also giving out free tracks to download.... http://www.pauldianno.com/audio.shtml
doninblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by doninblack »

Can't stand em or any of that NWOBHM shite. 8)
Talking bullshit on a slow repeat.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

doninblack wrote:Can't stand em or any of that NWOBHM shite. 8)
nothing like posting on a thread about something you're not interested in is there ;)
Aural Scripture
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Aural Scripture »

Heard the new single on Planet Rock and wasn't impressed. They are capable of better in my opinion. Not a fan really but a decent band.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Aural Scripture wrote:Heard the new single on Planet Rock and wasn't impressed. They are capable of better in my opinion. Not a fan really but a decent band.

It's a grower for me, if you mean El Dorado?

Glad to see some people here DO appreciate Maiden, if anything I think they are as under-rated as the stranglers in terms of classic rock that piss all over Zeppelin, beatles and the stones, etc, etc, etc :)

Incidentally Bruce Dickinson had a band before he joined Samson and then Iron Maiden called Speed that were apparently very like the stranglers, don't think they ever recorded anything apart from a single allegedly released posthumously, sounds interesting though...