One for Headbangers....or Pidge!

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

One for Headbangers....or Pidge!

Post by APOLLO79 »

Tonight..BBC4-9pm,a documentary tracing the 60's roots to the present day of British heavy metal.
You could also watch 'Lambing Live' on BBC2 @ 8 to get you in the mood :shock:..oh,nearly forgot
for those who haven't seen it,'In The Loop' is on BBC2 @ 10pm.Fuckin magic as Tucker would say! 8)
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: One for Headbangers....or Pidge!

Post by APOLLO79 »

Pretty good so far... :smile:
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

I watched the Iron Maiden documentary thing last night, quite interesting, surprised to see almost "maiden-mania" in some of the countries they visit. Would be great to see a similar tour documentary on the MIB, though a bus and an artic isn't quite as glamorous as having a private signwritten 757.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Missed it. Has anyone seen the iron maiden movie flight 666 yet?
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

bongo wrote:
droopsnoot wrote:I watched the Iron Maiden documentary thing last night, quite interesting, surprised to see almost "maiden-mania" in some of the countries they visit. Would be great to see a similar tour documentary on the MIB, though a bus and an artic isn't quite as glamorous as having a private signwritten 757.

Or an ice cream van with "easy jet" on it :lol:

I think, for nostalgic purposes, the band should turn up at gigs in an ice cream van, and sell the Merch from it ........ 8)

Now then Sir Bongo stop all this silliness will you? you'll have Frank 'Roy' Castle & Raven Cuntholme on yer back!
This is serious! this is a serious forum!
:lol:
Last edited by Arthur Streeb-Greebling on 16 Apr 2010, 13:21, edited 2 times in total.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

OK, I'll have a T-Shirt and a large 99 then.
Last edited by Arthur Streeb-Greebling on 16 Apr 2010, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Yes please.
:grin:
saminblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by saminblack »

The Sewer The Sewer wrote:IRON MAIDEN - One of my great growing up bands

Fucking superb band live - I saw them several times between 1980 and 1984

Excellent stuff

A friend of mine used to sing for Iron Maiden. Not Bruce Dickinson but a guy named Blaze Bayley who took over briefly for them in the 1990s. He invited me to go and see them when he was in Maiden but they were, ahem, not exactly my cup of tea.

Blaze had previously sung in a band called Wolfsbane who I loved and who were all mates of mine (they even played at my wedding!) I used to be in a band myself (I bet we all did - hey that's a new thread!) andf Wolfsbane did their first ever gig supporting us. Happy days.
They'll be called the survivors..you know why?....cos they're gonna survive
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

I got pissed til the early hours of the morning in 2001 with Bruce Dickinson - can't remember much about it to be honest :lol:
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
DeadRinger
SHAKESPEARO

Post by DeadRinger »

saminblack wrote:
The Sewer The Sewer wrote:IRON MAIDEN - One of my great growing up bands

Fucking superb band live - I saw them several times between 1980 and 1984

Excellent stuff

A friend of mine used to sing for Iron Maiden. Not Bruce Dickinson but a guy named Blaze Bayley who took over briefly for them in the 1990s. He invited me to go and see them when he was in Maiden but they were, ahem, not exactly my cup of tea.

Blaze had previously sung in a band called Wolfsbane who I loved and who were all mates of mine (they even played at my wedding!) I used to be in a band myself (I bet we all did - hey that's a new thread!) andf Wolfsbane did their first ever gig supporting us. Happy days.
I am more than familiar with the maiden album with Blaze singing, in actual fact I really like that album and its one of my favourite later albums of theirs, the song 'Man on the edge, and 'Lord of the flies' are great plus the epic 'sign of the cross'

Any chance you can get my cd signed? :lol:

DR