Rich Kids

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Freddie Laker
Ugly
Ugly

Rich Kids

Post by Freddie Laker »

Long-since forgotten by most, but after leaving the Sex Pistols, Glen Matlock hooked up with a pre-Ultravox Midge Ure to form Rich Kids.
Despite having one of the worst band names in history :? , they made one great album (produced by Bowie's mate Mick Ronson), then disappeared.
Dusted off the old vinyl LP this weekend for the first time in years, and it still sounds great. 8)
They're playing a one-off reunion benefit for guitarist Steve New at Islington Academy on 7th January, supported by TV Smith and Carbon/Silicon.
Sounds like a good night out. :grin:
Roy Batty
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Rich Kids

Post by Roy Batty »

Freddie Laker wrote:Long-since forgotten by most, but after leaving the Sex Pistols, Glen Matlock hooked up with a pre-Ultravox Midge Ure to form Rich Kids.
Despite having one of the worst band names in history :? , they made one great album (produced by Bowie's mate Mick Ronson), then disappeared.
Dusted off the old vinyl LP this weekend for the first time in years, and it still sounds great. 8)
They're playing a one-off reunion benefit for guitarist Steve New at Islington Academy on 7th January, supported by TV Smith and Carbon/Silicon.
totally agree, the album as been one of my faves for years, have recently bought the john peel sessions as well which arnt as muddy as the album.. seen as its a benefit i wonder if mick jones will do a bit with the rich kids as he did a few gigs with them 8) ghosts of princes was inspired by a review about a gig he did with the band 8)
URGH URGH URGH URGH!!!!
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Freddie Laker wrote:
Yes Freddie! Sounds like an excellent night out :!:
Gene Regulation
Rats Rally

Post by Gene Regulation »

Midge has done the Ultravox reunion now the Rich Kids. I wonder when he'll do Slik?
TAFKA TrampinBlack
Sidinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Sidinblack »

Tickets arrived today, cant wait. Saw them 31 years ago nearly to the day. Its a benefit gig for Steve New who has cancer.
Blind acceptance is a sign - of stupid fools who stand in line.
Patinblack
Down In The Sewer

Post by Patinblack »

Had a day off today so listened to Ghosts Of Princes In Towers for the first time in years on Spotify. Pretty sure my brother had a copy when it was originally released. Have to admit it still sounds pretty good to me. Copied it so will give it another listen tomorrow in work.
Climb her rope and find her trailer, In a Baroque Bordello
themaninblack1963

Post by themaninblack1963 »

I also had their album on vinyl, would love to get it on cd.
Come on you Warriors!!!
Freddie Laker
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Freddie Laker »

themaninblack1963 wrote:I also had their album on vinyl, would love to get it on cd.
I found a compilation on Amazon for less than 7 quid, comprising all of the album, plus B sides and a few bonus tracks I'd never heard before. 8)
Roy Batty

Post by Roy Batty »

URGH URGH URGH URGH!!!!