Killing Joke tour & new album

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Killing Joke tour & new album

Post by raveninblack »

I would imagine that Jaz really doesnt want to do these gigs so hes done one to get out of the way and stop them happening. I could never see KJ support The Mish and The Cult on a sound of the 80s tour anyway. As for the meet n greet gig....fuck no! Can you see it happening?
Does Jaz really agree with this shit? I wouldnt pay £50 to meet Hugh, anyway he always crops up in the bar afterwards, so i can meet n greet him there. As for KJ, take a pretty bird with you and hang around afterwards and you are guarenteed to meet em. :grin:
just hanging around
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

I seem to remember many years ago - sometime in the 90's maybe , The Cult slagging off Killing joke - so I don't think there's a lot of love lost between them anyway .I know which I'd prefer to see out of the two and its not Astbury's lot . I think The Cult hit their peak back in the late 80's early 90's while Joke have been getting better and better as the years have gone on and their output is still pretty phenomenal . Don't know if it worked out for The Cult decamping to the US as they seem to have almost been forgotten over here and to be honest I wasn't aware they were still going . Seems odd Jaz doing one of his disappearances again though , thought he'd stopped doing that sort of thing . Wonder what a band with Jaz and JJ in at the same time would have been like :shock:
All quiet ..........
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

The Chameleons even wrote a song about being pissed off by Killing Joke when they supported them :roll:
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
Debaser
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Debaser »

Five Minutes wrote:The Chameleons even wrote a song about being pissed off by Killing Joke when they supported them :roll:
They did indeed - Paper Tigers
"Notes by Mark - During our early touring, back in the days when we had 'an agent' (gasp!!) we found ourselves, courtesy of 'Wasted Talent' down to support Killing Joke in Leicester. We arrived on time ready to sound check. KJ arrived four and a half hours late and we couldn't check until they had, very boring but no problem. That is until we started our sound check. I plugged my bass in, played a few notes to make sure everything was working and the sound guy shouted "ok, good, now guitar." I started laughing and looked at Dave and he did the same thing, struck a single chord to make sure the leads were working and we got another "great, thanks" from the sound engineer. We started shouting at them that we wanted a proper sound-check, not a line check and they told us that there just wasn't time due to the lateness of Killing Joke's arrival. Things escalated and, noticing the band at the side of the stage, drawn by the commotion, Dave and I unstrapped our guitars and ran at them. Fortunately for them their crew managed to stop us before we got to them. We told them all to fuck off and blew out the gig. Later a spokesman for the band came over and apologised and hoped we'd play the rest of the gigs with them but we told them were to go. Paper Tigers came from that basically."

Let's all sing along shall we?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUp-KFovzWI
"Five cups of coffee just to be myself, when I'd rather be somebody else"
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

I read in an interview somewhere Jaz was planning a trip to Japan and to get as near Fukushima as possible, coz he doesn't believe the cover up there has been. I hope Jaz hasn't got himself into deep shit, I'd be just as worried about Jaz being held by the Japanese authorities as being killed by the fallout from Fukishima. I mean good on him if he wants to expose that shit and make a statement, but it’s not something to be done lightly.

I am torn between whether this disappearance is for real, or it’s a publicity stunt to soften the blow of some pretty poor decisions like the cult tour and this VIP gig. I would however be inclined to think it's probably not a hoax when two of Jaz's daughters have been publicly voicing their concern for his welfare and whereabouts.

I hope the guy turns out to be OK, whether he's deeply flawed or not the world needs Jaz Coleman, come back man wherever you are :!:
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Well he's turned up then 8)
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Was he in Magaluf on his holiday then?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Nah he was at Lympics innit

Jim
jason wrote:Was he in Magaluf on his holiday then?
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

He's turned up in the desert working on a new project apparently.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

On the Popbitch forums :-

Ladbroke Grove rehearsal rooms the other day, fire alarm goes off and everyone runs round trying to find out what caused it.
Someone mentions to one of the people that the band rehearsing in the main room are smoking and that's what made the alarm go off. Owner understandably goes balistic, marches off to give them a bollocking, alongside rest of staff. They check the booking list, discover the band is Killing Joke. Everyone suddenly becomes much less keen about the bollocking, quietly drift away and spend the next few hours just resetting the fire alarm whenever it goes off.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

theraven1979 wrote:On the Popbitch forums :-

Ladbroke Grove rehearsal rooms the other day, fire alarm goes off and everyone runs round trying to find out what caused it.
Someone mentions to one of the people that the band rehearsing in the main room are smoking and that's what made the alarm go off. Owner understandably goes balistic, marches off to give them a bollocking, alongside rest of staff. They check the booking list, discover the band is Killing Joke. Everyone suddenly becomes much less keen about the bollocking, quietly drift away and spend the next few hours just resetting the fire alarm whenever it goes off.

Brilliant....

:lol:
Claireinblack
kent
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Claireinblack wrote:Brilliant.... :lol:
Well it was Youth after all :wink:
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.