Killing Joke tour & new album

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Killing Joke tour & new album

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Got the new album just last week, rather jolly good indeed, 'In Cythera' is my fave, what a fucking great song that is with 28 plays so far according to iTunes.
8)
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Awesome album. 8)
The Culler
SHAKESPEARO

Post by The Culler »

A great band and one of the best live bands around!
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Keep em coming, I agree about 'in Cythera' too wasn't over keen when it was put out as a preview/single but it's really grown. Total fucking classic album, put that next to Absolute Dissent and it's some of the best music a band to have come out of the whole punk/new wave/ post punk whatever you wanna call music in general, etc, etc
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Rapture my favourite . Best album since Pandemonium IMO , probably their most punky album ever . Excellent - was a bit disappointed with their previous 2 or 3 as they were samey and Jaz always seemed to be shouting . This is more like it . Dare I say it , but I think its better than Giants :oops: .
All quiet ..........
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Theres a good 'Fly On the wall' feature in this months Classic Rock mag on Killing Joke recording inside the great pyramid of giza.
(Same issue features JJ vs Rick Wakeman! the Punk scrapper comes face to face with the Prog Titan!)
8)
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I really like their new album and Absolute Dissent. I really hope they can continue for a bit longer as they really are on form at the moment, just like The Stranglers.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Jon the Impaler wrote: Dare I say it , but I think its better than Giants :oops: .
I would agree there, Giants is playing it safe, pretty average middle of the road rock compared to MMXXII
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

Something happened when Raven died to Killing Joke.

Raven was a good friend of mine and I was at the funeral. In fact, me and my mates were Big Paul's Bodyguards on that day.
I'd known Big Paul before and just literally bumped into him at the airport. He was jetlagged, no cash (only dollars) and nervous as heck about meeting Jaz again.
he was really worried it would be an ugly scene so he was glad of our support. We chucked him in teh car and ripped teh piss about Raven as we crossed over to France where the funeral was taking place.

As it happens, he had nothing to worry about. The reunion was joyful and they got on like a house on fire.
From then, it was obvious that it was going to happen.

The reunited Killing Joke has a spark and an energy that I truly didn't think was possible. I loved Raven to bits and think he gave Killing Joke something different. I don't want to come across all mystical but there is a force that surrounds Killing Joke that is hard to define. Most of the time it is a negative one though! Anyway, they channel it into something special. MMXII proves that. I think Raven in in there somehow. Great work indeed and it beats what The Stranglers are doing at the moment. Sorry!

Not that I'm looking for any one of them to die to make a great album though. That's gotta be said!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

jetblacksdad wrote:Something happened when Raven died to Killing Joke.

Raven was a good friend of mine and I was at the funeral. In fact, me and my mates were Big Paul's Bodyguards on that day.
I'd known Big Paul before and just literally bumped into him at the airport. He was jetlagged, no cash (only dollars) and nervous as heck about meeting Jaz again.
he was really worried it would be an ugly scene so he was glad of our support. We chucked him in teh car and ripped teh piss about Raven as we crossed over to France where the funeral was taking place.

As it happens, he had nothing to worry about. The reunion was joyful and they got on like a house on fire.
From then, it was obvious that it was going to happen.

The reunited Killing Joke has a spark and an energy that I truly didn't think was possible. I loved Raven to bits and think he gave Killing Joke something different. I don't want to come across all mystical but there is a force that surrounds Killing Joke that is hard to define. Most of the time it is a negative one though! Anyway, they channel it into something special. MMXII proves that. I think Raven in in there somehow. Great work indeed and it beats what The Stranglers are doing at the moment. Sorry!

Not that I'm looking for any one of them to die to make a great album though. That's gotta be said!

Cheers for sharing JBD, really appreciated. I have now met each of the guys but I can't claim to know them at all, but they were true gentlemen, they seem to treat those who respect them in kind. I never sadly met Raven, but he picked me out of the audience in a gig in 2005, when I was having a serious fucking downer and that really cheered me up, when I was talking to Big Paul about it, he was basically saying that was Raven in the one.

Again I agree MMXXII is a world apart from Giants and that energy, that absorption of negativity, has been channelled into a great thing! No one else has what the joke have for sure!

"We keep searching for the positive

We're using everything

We got nothing at all

This is life in the fall

Are you receiving"

8)
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

KJ have pulled out of the tour with The Cult and The Mission, they are also recording in Argentina around xmas time and have London Brixton Academy booked for next spring.

This is according to the KJ Facebook page.

;-)
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Good job I didn't get a ticket. I wonder why it's cancelled or it just KJ pulling out? Are they recording the next album already? Great news if they are. 8)