Moderator: StanInBlack

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: The Slits

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Raven Darkholme wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

THEY ARE SHOCKINGLY RIDICULOUS
no way is that music punk, i dont know what the hell i'd describe it as, other than crap that is.
they look so ridiculous, they are a mess, a total mess. the singers dancing is one of the most ridiculous, pathetic, embarassing things ive ever seen! and it all seems even more absurd because there classed as punk! WHAT A JOKE!
a laughable band.
You are hilarious! and aven't a fooking clue.
Yeah so go on, tell us all what 'Punk' is then eh?
:roll:
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:

no way is that music punk, i dont know what the hell i'd describe it as, other than crap that is.
they look so ridiculous, they are a mess, a total mess. the singers dancing is one of the most ridiculous, pathetic, embarassing things ive ever seen! and it all seems even more absurd because there classed as punk! WHAT A JOKE!
a laughable band.
Blink182 - punk as fuck (probably?!!) :wink:
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
Turkey Troter
Rats Rally

Post by Turkey Troter »

Can't you see can't you see that you're rocking the boat?
DeadRinger
SHAKESPEARO

Post by DeadRinger »

The clip of the band was probably seen on the 'Punk Attitude' dvd which is a good documentary comparing the UK and the US punk movements and styles.

There was a segment where it explains how punk started to incorporate dub reggae and ska elements from some of the popular club DJs at the time, one of the DJs spoke on the dvd and said that before bands came on stage they had to play records for the fans etc and in the very early days when punk first started there was little selection to choose from.

As a result and trying to avoid the commercial records of the day alot of the music played was afro-carribean thus the influences creeping into the punk movement later and seen with bans like the Slits, also Stiff Little Fingers and our very own Stranglers (Peaches) incorporated some of these elements into their music.

DR
Raven Darkholme
Rats Rally

Post by Raven Darkholme »

MULLY wrote:
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:

a laughable band.
Blink182 - punk as fuck (probably?!!) :wink:
HAHAHA!
i dont think so.
whats punk?
The Stranglers, Sham 69, Buzzcocks, Stiff little fingers, The Damned, The Jam, etc.
the slits are not punk.
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Raven Darkholme wrote:whats punk?
The Stranglers, Sham 69, Buzzcocks, Stiff little fingers, The Damned, The Jam, etc.
the slits are not punk.
The Slits are more 'punk' than some of the bands you have named!! Read a book (a sensible one - not just a Penguin pop-up book of PuNk) about the subject matter and expand that group of cells you call a brain, then come back and discuss the term 'punk'.

You never know, you might actually learn something.
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better