Moderator: StanInBlack

Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Public Image Limited!

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

4 disc set for £20
ERE
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:4 disc set for £20
ERE
Don't think so. Looks like advanced orders for the gig of your choice.
euromanc-ometh
Gene Regulation
Rats Rally

Post by Gene Regulation »

gjinblack wrote:
Toiler On The Sea wrote:4 disc set for £20
ERE
Don't think so. Looks like advanced orders for the gig of your choice.
Not unless four folk get a gig each then share copies. You could always then tell Lydon "Ever feel you've been cheated?" :lol:
TAFKA TrampinBlack
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Not long now! Just gotta get Leamington outta the way and then the real Xmas party can begin :!: :smt007
Bones
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Bones »

Went to Brum Academy last night and it was absolutely brilliant. Fantastic sound, kicked off with Public Image and played stuff from all the albums. I had to leave at 1045pm to get the last train (having paid nearly £45 for the ticket I couldn't afford a cab back to Stourbridge), by then they'd already been on for 2 hours.
Definitely my gig of the year - even knocked Motorboat/Damned at the Civic off top spot. :smt003

I'll tell you what is a fucking rip-off though - £3.70 for a pint of watered down cider because they don't sell bitter. :smt013

Despite the venue only having been open a couple of months, the floor is already stickier than Brixton Academy - yuk. :smt009
Gene Regulation
Rats Rally

Post by Gene Regulation »

Just checked for Glasgow on Friday, still "downstairs standing" & "upper standing" available. Looks far from being anywhere near a sell out, so a good chance of avoiding booking fees on the door.
TAFKA TrampinBlack
Castle brown
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Castle brown »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/de ... ltd-review

I was in Brum last night and i agree with the review in the link above which is pretty positive. It was a full two hour performance that was totally captivating. The band were supberb I particulary like the kilt wearing bass player Scott Firth. Johnny seemed to really enjoy himself more than i have seen before and gave 100 %. At the end he seemed genuinly pleased and was full of praise for the audience. My personal highlight was the final song which was a brilliant version of Open Up (Leftfield). I would worry too much that there is no Levene or Wobble cos if you like PIL music and going to one of the other gigs you wont be disappointed.
Frank Castle
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Frank Castle »

I wonder if he will plug Country Life Butter......"it's British butter!" when he plays Glesga...... :oops: :oops:

Anarchy in the UK indeed............ :roll:

The guy is about as scary as Bambi......... :wink:
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Fantastic gig here in Leeds last night, Lydon was on top top form. I can't claim to be an original punk or even have many punk ideals, so his selling out has never really bothered me. And to be blunt, he's still the biggest draw in music, in my opinion. Seriously, nearly 2 hours of excellence last night, spot on gig.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
wanderlust
The Raven
The Raven

Post by wanderlust »

I would go and see PIL over The sex pistols any day. With a pistols gig you always know what you are going to roughly get but with PIL anything can happen with the structure of the songs. The first two albums were the best of the bunch but the others like The flowers of romance, Album(cassette cd, lp etc) all contain some good stuff.

I think Lydon was more happy musically in PIL than the Pistols for artistic reasons and he could do what he wanted to as he wasn't manipulated by people like Mcclaren and could hire and fire who he wanted to!
"I had a dream or a nightmare difficult to decide which"
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Think you have nailed it completely there sir :smile:
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Fatbusjim
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Fatbusjim »

Fookin superb!!

£36 expensive????

Yes, but worth every penny,

I for one would gladly pay it again tomorrow.