Post by fourth horseman »

No way for £35
Shove it up yer bollocks then!
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Public Image Limited!

Post by gjinblack »

theraven1979 wrote:£36 seriously! fuck that.

Jim

Christ!! You could get a Metallica ticket for that price...

...right kids!!
:wink:
euromanc-ometh
Born As A Stranger
Down In The Sewer

Post by Born As A Stranger »

C r a s s ! wrote:Can't be the same without the Wob!
I've seen Magazine 3 times this year without McGeoch (RIP) and i've also seen the Specials without Dammers and all the shows were fantastic, i came away feeling i had seen something special each time, so i think i can live without the Wob! for the PIL gig

Its just cost me £46 with fees, damned expensive i know but i look at it this way, they are playing Sat 19th Dec which if i wasnt at this gig or another gig i would only be pissing it up the wall and spending a damn sight more than £46 and waking up with no recollection of what had happened the night before :(
--------------------------------------------------
I've taken some knockbacks
I've taken some hits
I've been invincible baby
And i've been in bits
But i've still got the FEVER!
R.I.McNabb
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Thing is though how can they command £36 - I suppose you're paying for Lydon.

I'd expect to see around 3 quality bands for this price. I too have spent a lot of money on Magazine gigs this year but I don't recall their ticket prices being £36 - I sure Sheffield was around £15?

It's a shame as I'd like to see them but for £36 I can buy a row of houses in a Leeds suburb :grin:

Jim
Born As A Stranger wrote:
C r a s s ! wrote:Can't be the same without the Wob!
I've seen Magazine 3 times this year without McGeoch (RIP) and i've also seen the Specials without Dammers and all the shows were fantastic, i came away feeling i had seen something special each time, so i think i can live without the Wob! for the PIL gig

Its just cost me £46 with fees, damned expensive i know but i look at it this way, they are playing Sat 19th Dec which if i wasnt at this gig or another gig i would only be pissing it up the wall and spending a damn sight more than £46 and waking up with no recollection of what had happened the night before :(
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Blackbeered
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Blackbeered »

Not sure where others are getting them from, but you can get tickets a day early on Planet Rock through Ticketmaster.

http://www.planetrock.com/news-090909-5.htm

Ticket £36.00
"Service charge" £5.25 :smt013
Postage £3.25

Total £44.50 :smt011

btw The Stranglers in Leamington - £25.50 all in (if you collect from the box office) :!: :P
Bring me a piece of my mummy, she was quite close to me........
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Ferfuxache guys what's the problem here? If I had the cash I'd go without a second of doubt! forget what you think about Lydon(and hired hands) this guy is a true icon of the Punk era and that should be good enough alone to go see them.

As it says in countless other threads regarding the Stranglers and Hugh make the most of it while you can as they won't be around forever! :roll:

I paid just shy of £40 to see Morrissey and if that meant paying rip-off fucking fees for booking, postage etc then so what? I have the ticket(well I don't as yet :twisted: :roll: :twisted: ).

Now get yer fcuking hands in yer pockets!!

:smt006
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Totally disagree with you Gizz.

Thing is though Gizz not everyone is like you - We all can't justify throwing £36 into something (or perhaps £72 if you have to take you're other half). This kinda thing should be stamped out - It's causing a select few people only to be able to see these bands - Think about when you were a teenager did you have £36 to piss about?

Rising ticket prices have just got stupid recently and they shouldn't be able to get away with it.

Jim
gizzard wrote:Ferfuxache guys what's the problem here? If I had the cash I'd go without a second of doubt! forget what you think about Lydon(and hired hands) this guy is a true icon of the Punk era and that should be good enough alone to go see them.

As it says in countless other threads regarding the Stranglers and Hugh make the most of it while you can as they won't be around forever! :roll:

I paid just shy of £40 to see Morrissey and if that meant paying an rip-off fucking fee for booking, postage etc then so what? I have the ticket(well I don't as yet :twisted: :roll: :twisted: ) then so be it.

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

theraven1979 wrote:Totally disagree with you Gizz.

Thing is though Gizz not everyone is like you - We all can't justify throwing £36 into something (or perhaps £72 if you have to take you're other half). This kinda thing should be stamped out - It's causing a select few people only to be able to see these bands - Think about when you were a teenager did you have £36 to piss about?

Rising ticket prices have just got stupid recently and they shouldn't be able to get away with it.

Jim
gizzard wrote:Ferfuxache guys what's the problem here? If I had the cash I'd go without a second of doubt! forget what you think about Lydon(and hired hands) this guy is a true icon of the Punk era and that should be good enough alone to go see them.

I paid just shy of £40 to see Morrissey and if that meant paying an rip-off fucking fee for booking, postage etc then so what? I have the ticket(well I don't as yet :twisted: :roll: :twisted: ) then so be it.

Each to their own Jim.

Now let's say that Hugh re-joined the Stranglers for a full UK tour and ticket prices were £40.

Would you go to any dates?

I'm sure pretty much everyone on here would.

PS. I don't have money to throw around but if there was a band I really wanted to see I'd go. Simple as that!
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Share my dreamtime :grin:

Jim
gizzard wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:Totally disagree with you Gizz.

Jim

Each to their own Jim.

Now let's say that Hugh re-joined the Stranglers for a full UK tour and ticket prices were £40.

Would you go to any dates?

I'm sure pretty much everyone on here would.

PS. I don't have money to throw around but if there was a band I really wanted to see I'd go. Simple as that!
Raven Darkholme
Rats Rally

Post by Raven Darkholme »

not only is it a ridiculous price because some cant afford it, but even if you can afford it, isnt it arogant, and disrespectful to your audience to ask that much? and Gizzards attitude makes him sound like a sucker.
Lydon and anyone else should have more respect for people.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Raven Darkholme wrote:not only is it a ridiculous price because some cant afford it, but even if you can afford it, isnt it arogant, and disrespectful to your audience to ask that much? and Gizzards attitude makes him sound like a sucker.
Lydon and anyone else should have more respect for people.
:roll: