Magazine @ Bridgewater Hall

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

fourth horseman
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Magazine @ Bridgewater Hall

Post by fourth horseman »

Born As A Stranger wrote:I filmed The Light Pours Out Of Me from upstairs and as you can see at the beginning of the song there are only 2 people up dancing but by the end there were loads up, i think the security gave in, in the end, i also filmed the final track Give Me Everything by which time quite a few people who were sat upstairs near us had gone downstairs to join in the frolics

The Light Pours Out Of Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da1GdO7xjh4

Give Me Everything
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-7jcRm1Lso&NR=1
Brilliant footage. I was there, was a great gig. That's me who pogo's to the front 3.50. devoto was only a few feet away, brilliant! 8)
Shove it up yer bollocks then!
sparta7
Rats Rally

Post by sparta7 »

Just caught this thread...yonks after it was a current...ho hum...

It was indeed a fabulous gig, just brilliant. A mate and I made a day of it by doing the Trans Pennine Beer Trail in the day ( Liverpool>Leeds>Dewsbury>Huddersfield>Stalybridge - we had to miss out Batley due to time reasons) so by the time Howie and the boys took the stage we were well up for it. That Moko, Noko whatever is a hell of a player, hes not John Mc Geoch ( God bless him) but hes damn good. A great day all round and I hope its not the last we've seen of them.

Perhaps another gig playing the whole of Secondhand Daylight would be in order, as I was a little disappointed not to hear "Back To Nature" the other night, but thats a minor quibble. I'd forgotten just how good they were till I saw that gig.
"Do you mind dear boy I just cant stand all this tension, could I squeeze in front of you so I can cash me pension, oooooh ooooh yippee ay oooohhhh"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Nice one - They've just announced a gig in Oct as part of the Electric Proms

I was born in Dewsbury.

Jim

sparta7 wrote:Just caught this thread...yonks after it was a current...ho hum...

It was indeed a fabulous gig, just brilliant. A mate and I made a day of it by doing the Trans Pennine Beer Trail in the day ( Liverpool>Leeds>Dewsbury>Huddersfield>Stalybridge - we had to miss out Batley due to time reasons) so by the time Howie and the boys took the stage we were well up for it. That Moko, Noko whatever is a hell of a player, hes not John Mc Geoch ( God bless him) but hes damn good. A great day all round and I hope its not the last we've seen of them.

Perhaps another gig playing the whole of Secondhand Daylight would be in order, as I was a little disappointed not to hear "Back To Nature" the other night, but thats a minor quibble. I'd forgotten just how good they were till I saw that gig.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Roy Batty
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Roy Batty »

its gonna be filmed for the telly as well 8)
theraven1979 wrote:Nice one - They've just announced a gig in Oct as part of the Electric Proms

I was born in Dewsbury.

Jim

sparta7 wrote:Just caught this thread...yonks after it was a current...ho hum...

URGH URGH URGH URGH!!!!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Cool - Lard annouced 30 mins will be broadcast on BBC6 - He's cheesed off cos in all the times Magazine have played Manchester this year he's not been able to make any of them

Jim

Roy Batty wrote:its gonna be filmed for the telly as well 8)
theraven1979 wrote:Nice one - They've just announced a gig in Oct as part of the Electric Proms

I was born in Dewsbury.

Jim

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

More Magazine live just announced:
BBC Electric Proms presents a double-bill of Mancunian rock at The Roundhouse, London as Magazine perform on the same evening as Doves.
Again, Howard Devoto, Barry Adamson, John Doyle and Dave Formula will be joined by Noko on guitar who stands in for the late John McGeoch.

This is a rare opportunity to see, hear and feel your favourite, enduringly credible, band, who continue to exert a profound creative influence on contemporary artists such as Radiohead, Maximo Park and indeed Doves.

The performance will be broadcast on the Marc Riley Show / BBC 6 Music and will be filmed for transmission on the BBC Red Button service.
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.