The Fall & The Buzzcocks

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

The Fall & The Buzzcocks

Post by aldinblack »

and John Cooper Clark ! At the HMV Forum next Weds. I've got my ticket and will be there wearing a Stranglers t shirt of course. Looking forward to seeing Mark E Smith and co especially, if there are any others there wearing Strangelrs t shirts I might approach you and bore you with details of how good the gig is, but that it is not as good as the stranglers - sorry about that !
I Hate You !
johnpidgeon
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: The Fall & The Buzzcocks

Post by johnpidgeon »

I think the last new Fall album I bought was "Country on the Click". It didn't wow me. But "The Unutterable" was pretty good.
john pidgeon
brampton, ontario
canada
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

The Unnuterable is arguably their best IMO - they got the groove right.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
fourth horseman

Post by fourth horseman »

There was a piece about this gig in the MEN over the weekend, how the promoter have dubbed it a 'Manchester Punk Night', yet it's in London? Bit weird eh? Still, what a line up, John Cooper Clarke is fantastic! Would deffo be going if I lived in the London area. Hope it's a great night 8)
Shove it up yer bollocks then!
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

It was a good night. Really enjoyed watching JCC,was funny as fcuk ! The Fall were great too, always a good musical outfit I find....Mark E Smith wasn't lookin his best though, seems to have put on a bit of weight and struggling a bit with his knee/legs. Sounded the same as always though....did his stuff with the vocals and then in between, whilst the music continued, he kind of struggled around the stage twiddling amplifier knobs and adjusting things. Never made a bit of difference to the sound at all - it sounded great anyway. But was entertaining to watch....nearly as funny as JCC !

Can't remember the set, some were familiar / some were not....they've got a huge catalogue anyway. They played for about an hour, then after a short interval the Buzzcocks came on, with Shelley saying "thanks to the support band, but this is the buzzcocks" !

That pissed me off a bit actually - as I thought it was dissrespectful. For a minute I had visions of if it had been The Strangs instead of The Fall, then perhaps JJ would have come back on a kicked the little cunt off the stage !

Anyway the've never really been quite my style, or that "woa woa woa" stuff never really does it for me..but they played some good tunes and the crowd loved it, so can't knock it really.
I Hate You !
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

That's a shame Pete said that.

Jim
munnsie
Down In The Sewer

Post by munnsie »

It was Steve Diggle that said it not Pete Shelly
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Ah that's alright then - he was probably off his nuts on Coke and Moet

Jim
munnsie wrote:It was Steve Diggle that said it not Pete Shelly
FenDale

Post by FenDale »

I thought Diggle's drink was Guiness and Moet? Coke and Moet, apart from sounding like a bit of a girl's drink ( :oops: sorry ladies!) would surely be too fizzy to stay in the bottle/glass/whichever receptacle he had on stage with him that evening?

Steve Diggle is a very, very thirsty guitarist!
If Karen Carpenter had eaten Mama Cass' sandwich they'd both still be alive today!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I meant Coke as in.....oh never mind! :grin:

Jim
FenDale wrote:I thought Diggle's drink was Guiness and Moet? Coke and Moet, apart from sounding like a bit of a girl's drink ( :oops: sorry ladies!) would surely be too fizzy to stay in the bottle/glass/whichever receptacle he had on stage with him that evening?

FenDale

Post by FenDale »

theraven1979 wrote:I meant Coke as in.....oh never mind! :grin:

Jim
FenDale wrote:I thought Diggle's drink was Guiness and Moet? Coke and Moet, apart from sounding like a bit of a girl's drink ( :oops: sorry ladies!) would surely be too fizzy to stay in the bottle/glass/whichever receptacle he had on stage with him that evening?

:roll: I'm just so sweet and innocent, I'd have never thought of that! :shock:

:lol:
If Karen Carpenter had eaten Mama Cass' sandwich they'd both still be alive today!