New Manics song

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

New Manics song

Post by theraven1979 »

Jackie Collins Existential Question Time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWd5mH9LRPk - Not bad "Oh mommy, what's a Sex Pistol?" line stays in your head for hours.
Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: New Manics song

Post by theraven1979 »

"Tonight we beg Tonight we beg the question If a married man A married man fucks a Catholic and his wife dies without knowing does it make him unfaithful, people? Oh mummy, what’s a Sex Pistol? Oh mummy, what’s a Sex Pistol? Oh mummy, what’s a Sex Pistol? Tonight we beg Tonight we beg the question If a married man A married man fucks a Catholic Does it mean you have gone to seed? Or does it mean you owe her nothing? Oh mummy, what’s a Sex Pistol? Oh mummy, what’s a Sex Pistol? Oh mummy, what’s a Sex Pistol? A situationist sisterhood Jackie and Joan It separates us and questions without a home A situationist sisterhood Jackie and Joan It separates us and questions without a home "

Jim
mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mantheylovetohate »

Not too bad although comparing it to the Holy Bible era stuff is a bit far fetched. Check out the track Peeled Apples on Youtube too-much better & rockier. I'm really looking forward to hearing this album & seeing them again. Hopefullythey'll have renewed vigour after their dire NME Shockwaves gig at the O2. Roundhouse & Brighton here I come....
Did someone say "Wonky"?
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

They have some good song titles, like this one.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Who's comparing it with Holy Bible?

Jim
mantheylovetohate wrote:Not too bad although comparing it to the Holy Bible era stuff is a bit far fetched. Check out the track Peeled Apples on Youtube too-much better & rockier. I'm really looking forward to hearing this album & seeing them again. Hopefullythey'll have renewed vigour after their dire NME Shockwaves gig at the O2. Roundhouse & Brighton here I come....
mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven

theraven1979 wrote:Who's comparing it with Holy Bible?

Jim
mantheylovetohate wrote:Not too bad although comparing it to the Holy Bible era stuff is a bit far fetched. Check out the track Peeled Apples on Youtube too-much better & rockier. I'm really looking forward to hearing this album & seeing them again. Hopefullythey'll have renewed vigour after their dire NME Shockwaves gig at the O2. Roundhouse & Brighton here I come....
Not you Jim. But lots of other people are. The band were quoted as saying that they had to put such dark lyrics to HB type heavier music rather than their more recent sound.
Did someone say "Wonky"?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

It's funny cos I think the band said that about every album after Holy Bible but I didn't think they were saying it about this one. Besides the Holy Bible is overrated IMO

Jim
mantheylovetohate wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:Who's comparing it with Holy Bible?

Jim
Not you Jim. But lots of other people are. The band were quoted as saying that they had to put such dark lyrics to HB type heavier music rather than their more recent sound.
mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven

That surprises me Jim-it's their best IMO. I just love the dark, dirty feel of the whole album (the same sort of feel that Rattus has). All the other albums have great tracks but to me THB is a perfect complete album.
Did someone say "Wonky"?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Don't get me wrong I think it contains some of their best work but on the whole it's a bit samey. For example - Faster, PCP - great songs but Mauseloeum, 4st7lbs etc - Skip!

But you'll probably cover your monitor with wine when I tell you that I think LifeBlood is probably their best most complete album! :shock: :lol:

Jim
mantheylovetohate wrote:That surprises me Jim-it's their best IMO. I just love the dark, dirty feel of the whole album (the same sort of feel that Rattus has). All the other albums have great tracks but to me THB is a perfect complete album.
mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven

They're all good in their own way-I do like quite a lot of Lifeblood. Probably their weakest album is Gen Terrorists. EMG is pretty good but my favourites are THB & This is my truth. I must admit I haven't played Send Away The Tigers much at all though. Are you down for any of the London gigs?
Did someone say "Wonky"?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I'm not doing any dates on the tour - they've cheesed me off with SATT - didn't like it.

Jim
mantheylovetohate wrote:They're all good in their own way-I do like quite a lot of Lifeblood. Probably their weakest album is Gen Terrorists. EMG is pretty good but my favourites are THB & This is my truth. I must admit I haven't played Send Away The Tigers much at all though. Are you down for any of the London gigs?
mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven

theraven1979 wrote:I'm not doing any dates on the tour - they've cheesed me off with SATT - didn't like it.

Jim
mantheylovetohate wrote:They're all good in their own way-I do like quite a lot of Lifeblood. Probably their weakest album is Gen Terrorists. EMG is pretty good but my favourites are THB & This is my truth. I must admit I haven't played Send Away The Tigers much at all though. Are you down for any of the London gigs?
I was the same & it was made worse by the terrible O2 NME gig early last year. Each time they come back with some new stuff, I still get enthusiastic though! The 2 tracks I've heard off Journal now both seem better than the SATT stuff so it will hopefully be a return to form...
Did someone say "Wonky"?