Rancid?

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

MrBlack77
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Rancid?

Post by MrBlack77 »

My son is dragging me down to see them in Manchester on Nov 3RD.I haven't heard much of them since Out Come The Wolves.Can any one give me any clues on what to expect? At least Goldblade are supporting. :?
Freddie Laker
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Rancid?

Post by Freddie Laker »

I've only seen them once, a couple of years ago - they played mostly old stuff that night, but I understand that they mix the set up every night so no two gigs are the same. I think they rehearse around 50 songs before the tour, of which there are probably 15 which they play every night, then about another 10 which they choose on the day.
There's a link on the band's website which takes you to a site where you can download a whole list of gigs for USD 10 each.
They have one of the great bass players in Matt Freeman, and you're bound to get one of his extended solos. There will probably be a couple of acoustic tracks thrown in too. On the vocal side, Lars is the strongest member of the band, but don't go expecting to hear note-perfect singing, Rancid are altogether more raw.
I'm sure you'll enjoy it - have a great night. 8)
MrBlack77
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by MrBlack77 »

You was right Freddie,they played more or less all old stuff.They were loud and pretty good i knew most of the stuff they played which helped.There was a good turn out,and the young uns were getting right into it.Goldblade were good,the sound was ify early doors but got better the first couple of tracks.They went down well.Not a bad night for 15 quid.
Fatbusjim
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Fatbusjim »

First time I have seen Rancid, though i have been listening to them for a long time, got to say I was well impressed. Mosh pit was a bit lively as expected, I seem to have a nice collection of bruises yet again :roll:

Goldblade were.........well Goldblade as always, what you see is what you get - I love 'em.
Freddie Laker
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Freddie Laker »

Glad you enjoyed it, guys. 8)
Does anyone know if Goldblade are supporting for the remainder of the tour, as there's no mention on their website. :?:
MrBlack77
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by MrBlack77 »

My son saw them last time they played manchester,and he reckoned they were better this time.Not sure weather Goldblade are doing the tour or not.But they were really good as per normal,shame they ain't on The Stranglers tour once again.
DeadRinger
SHAKESPEARO

Post by DeadRinger »

Saw them last night, been a fan for a few years now and it was worth the wait, they gave a lively show.

Support was from 2 acts, Argy Bargy and The Exposed. I saw Argy Bargy, thought they werent too bad.

DR
Georgie
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Georgie »

Go see them in London next Sunday. They're supported by Jackson United. It's the band of the Foo Fighters guitarist. They're ace.