The Damned -- new album out now

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Lafleur
The Man They Love To Hate
Posts: 761
Joined: 27 Mar 2006, 22:53

The Damned -- new album out now

Post by Lafleur » 08 Oct 2008, 19:56

Some of you might be interested. The Damned's new studio album "So, Who's Paranoid?" can be downloaded now --> look at
http://www.officialdamned.com/ ---> "11spot"
CD in the shops soon. Really nice oeuvre after a first listen. :wink:

User avatar
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 5930
Joined: 27 Feb 2003, 20:41
Location: Erica, Vietnam.
Contact:

Re: The Damned -- new album out now

Post by C r a s s ! » 08 Oct 2008, 19:58

Lafleur wrote:Some of you might be interested. The Damned's new studio album "So, Who's Paranoid?" can be downloaded now --> look at
http://www.officialdamned.com/ ---> "11spot"
CD in the shops soon. Really nice oeuvre after a first listen. :wink:
Is there a single off it?
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.


Image

User avatar
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 12493
Joined: 27 Jun 2003, 12:32
Location: Left of the middle.

Re: The Damned -- new album out now

Post by gizzard » 08 Oct 2008, 20:11

C r a s s ! wrote:
Lafleur wrote:Some of you might be interested. The Damned's new studio album "So, Who's Paranoid?" can be downloaded now --> look at
http://www.officialdamned.com/ ---> "11spot"
CD in the shops soon. Really nice oeuvre after a first listen. :wink:
Is there a single off it?
There was :smile:

'Little Miss Disaster' which I bought at a Damned gig in 2006.
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''

User avatar
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 33975
Joined: 22 Dec 2001, 11:41
Location: Saltaire
Contact:

Re: The Damned -- new album out now

Post by theraven1979 » 08 Oct 2008, 20:52

Corking version of Anti-Pope on the B-Side


Jim

gizzard wrote:
C r a s s ! wrote:
Lafleur wrote:Some of you might be interested. The Damned's new studio album "So, Who's Paranoid?" can be downloaded now --> look at
http://www.officialdamned.com/ ---> "11spot"
CD in the shops soon. Really nice oeuvre after a first listen. :wink:
Is there a single off it?
There was :smile:

'Little Miss Disaster' which I bought at a Damned gig in 2006.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

User avatar
wanderlust
The Raven
The Raven
Posts: 2103
Joined: 03 Apr 2006, 16:16
Location: harlow essex

Re: The Damned -- new album out now

Post by wanderlust » 08 Oct 2008, 21:51

To be honest some of the tracks I have heard like LITTLE MISS DISASTER and MAGIC POTION I have not thought that much of but glad a new album has finally appeared after 7 years since the superb GRAVE DISORDER..
"I had a dream or a nightmare difficult to decide which"

STEVEh
The Man They Love To Hate
Posts: 689
Joined: 25 Dec 2001, 20:55
Location: manchester

Re: The Damned -- new album out now

Post by STEVEh » 08 Oct 2008, 22:57

Tracklisting from Play.com http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/7199833 ... oduct.html
A Nation Fit For Heroes
Under The Wheels
Dr. Woofenstein
Shallow Diamonds
Since I Met You
A Danger To Yourself
Maid For Pleasure
Perfect Sunday
Nature's Dark Passion
Little Miss Disaster
Just Hangin'
Nothing
Dark Asteroid

markorbit
The Man They Love To Hate
Posts: 584
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 21:54
Location: Home

Re: The Damned -- new album out now

Post by markorbit » 09 Oct 2008, 14:41

Forget The Damned check out this NEW band: :grin:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =402025975
Let's Boogie

markorbit
The Man They Love To Hate
Posts: 584
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 21:54
Location: Home

Re: The Damned -- new album out now

Post by markorbit » 10 Oct 2008, 00:49

OK that was a bit too cryptic.

New Damned video here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On0NKWjGJCI
Let's Boogie

User avatar
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 12493
Joined: 27 Jun 2003, 12:32
Location: Left of the middle.

Re: The Damned -- new album out now

Post by gizzard » 10 Oct 2008, 08:15

markorbit wrote:OK that was a bit too cryptic.

New Damned video here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On0NKWjGJCI
Disappointing.

Does'nt sound much like the Damned I used to know and love. :(
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''

User avatar
vanian
The Man They Love To Hate
Posts: 654
Joined: 29 Mar 2004, 03:39

Re: The Damned -- new album out now

Post by vanian » 30 Oct 2008, 17:24

gizzard wrote:
markorbit wrote:OK that was a bit too cryptic.

New Damned video here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On0NKWjGJCI
Disappointing.

Does'nt sound much like the Damned I used to know and love. :(
Hi Gizz
I wouldnt worry ,diamonds is not typical of the CD and there are some great typical damned tracks 'just hanging' 'maid for pleasure' ' under the wheels' and 'Nation fit for Heroes' are excellent and there are a few capt sensible wig outs as well - its very much like the black album- it definately takes a few listens on a few of the tracks though especially a truly wierd dark asteroid but all in all an 8/10

Cheers

User avatar
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 12493
Joined: 27 Jun 2003, 12:32
Location: Left of the middle.

Re: The Damned -- new album out now

Post by gizzard » 30 Oct 2008, 18:05

I've played it a few times and I'd give it 6/10.

Pretty poor effort for a band that's not released a album for what seven years.
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''

User avatar
MrBlack77
VERSATRAN SERIES F
Posts: 221
Joined: 26 Aug 2006, 19:27
Location: widnes

Re: The Damned -- new album out now

Post by MrBlack77 » 15 Nov 2008, 22:01

gizzard wrote:I've played it a few times and I'd give it 6/10.

Pretty poor effort for a band that's not released a album for what seven years.
I quite like it,it may not be as good as Grave Disorder,but it's a fair album.The damned remind me quite a lot of The Strangs,nearly all their albums sound different and they are never afraid to try out something new.Gawd bless The Damned and all who sail in her.

Post Reply